Battle of Fate

(Hattie P.O.V)

Ethan pulled me to the side and held a box in his hand. "As the Royal Advisor, I was allowed to choose a gift as well. I didn't want to go all out like Ben because you and I aren't like that but open this." He said and handed me a small box, the box was a dark blue velvet and felt soft against my hands. I opened it to reveal a smaller version of his class ring, it was more detailed and daintier, but it was the same ring. "My Dad used to tell me about this ring he gave to my mother when they first started dating, I wanted to continue that tradition with you." Ethan said to me, and I smiled and accepted the ring, he slid it gently onto my pointer finger and then kissed the ring and then my nose.

Mal saw us and she had this nasty look in her eyes, and I kept my cool with her. This was my moment, and I wasn't going to let it get ruined. She had her moment with Ben, and I didn't ruin hers so I'm not going to let her ruin mine. Uma walked over and saw the ring and she was stunned, then again, we made any piece of jewelry we had on the Isle and didn't have real silver or gold. "Dang, he did good." She said and I laughed and then Mal came over towards us and I was not looking forward to this at all. "Why did you bring Uma here, are you trying to help Shrimpy here?" Mal asked me and I was angered, she tried to make amends with Uma but really didn't, she just put on a show and that angered me. "Mal, I'm trying to help the children on the Isle, so they don't have to live like we did. Uma and the crew know every child on the Isle and with the funds from Auradon, we can make the world a better place for each and every one of them." I remarked and she scoffed at my response, I don't know why she doesn't trust me.

At this point, everyone was looking at us in silence. Ben and Ethan were walking over towards us, but Mal spoke. "Oh, so you can have your pirate friend here take over Auradon?" Mal asked and I glared at her, my flames flickered brighter than ever before. "Uma wouldn't do that, I mean why would she need to when that was never her goal. That was all you and your friends, so stop these childish games Mal and grow up, we're not on the Isle, you're not getting what you want." I told her and she got so angry that she turned into a dragon just like her mother. 

Everyone was stunned at this, Mom and Dad included. I had even forgotten that they were here as well. Uncle Poseidon was here as well, and I felt the waves getting rocky, definitely his doing. I ran over towards the edge and held the guard rail tightly to not fall into the water. "This is how you want to do this?!" I shouted and all I got in return was a roar. I felt my power grow to higher heights than I have felt before, and with that courage, I jumped into the water, ignoring the screams and pleas from everyone. 'Sorry Dad, it has to be this way.'

(3rd P.O.V)

Ethan, Persephone, and Hades ran to the side of the boat, the Core 4 and Ben were watching Mal in the air. Then a bright light came pouring out of the water and there Hattie was in the sky, her skin a pastel purple, her bright blue hair now done to keep it out of the way. She wore a gorgeous traditional Grecian dress similar to Persephone's but with blue flames like Hades. Persephone and Hades were proud since she finally released her Goddess abilities and form, and she was now officially a Goddess - the Goddess of Life which is her official title. "Mal, I am done with your hatred towards me. You've manipulated your friends to basically bully and harm me and I don't understand what on Gaia's Earth I have done to you. And I am done with you doing this to me." Hattie said, Ethan looked at Evie, Jay and Carlos who looked down and ashamed of themselves. Ethan had been told the stories from Hattie but at times he doesn't believe the stories until he is proven wrong, and this was another reason he needed to step away from his royal responsibilities. 

Hattie and Mal began to fight, fire was being shot between the two of them and everyone around them had to avoid being hit with the fire. Both girls seemed to realize that they're putting the one's they care for in danger, then both Ben and Ethan jumped into the water and Ethan used his powers to create something for the two of them to hold onto. "Mal, Hattie, stop this! Isn't there a way to resolve this?!" Ben yelled and Hattie looked at them, Mal growled at Hattie in response. "So long as there is conflict between me and Mal, there will never be peace." Hattie said and Ethan realized what she was implementing. "No, no Hats please don't. Please my Chrysanthemum, don't." Ethan begged and Hattie used her magic to bring both boys into the ship and landed in front of Ethan. "I am sorry Ethan; this is the only way." She said and with a brief kiss between the two, Hattie disappeared with a puff of smoke. 

Uma was stunned that her younger sister in all, but blood was gone, and she did this to protect Uma. "I'll protect him Hats, I won't let anything happen to him." Uma swore under her breath and walked away towards her grandfather. She saw Persephone and Hades embracing one another, wondering where their only child went. Mal and Ben acted like nothing with Hattie just happened, while Ethan... Ethan was lost and angry at Mal, because of Mal he lost the girl he loves, he didn't know where she could go and he was angry at her, and at himself. 

The night ended on a positive note except for Uma, Hades, Persephone, and most of all Ethan. Hattie was a bright light for them and now they don't know how it might be for now on. 

Authors opinion: Hey everyone, so sorry for the really late delay but the ending of Descendants 2 is now done. Yeah this did not end well but everything will be interesting come the last film, and if you want to speculate on where Hattie is, leave a comment and so until the next time bye :)