Making Amends

(Hattie P.O.V)

Winter finally came in Auradon and I'm currently on my way to see Ethan's mother. See I was invited to see her when my return was announced, I was finally able to get a chance to go. Ethan was so worried about me going there all alone and while it was adorable, I couldn't let him go with me, he had his duties he must deal with but he will come later if he gets done soon enough. Today I wore a dark blue sweater, black jeans, and my signature combat boots with a black leather jacket. Just because I'm considered royalty and dating a royal, doesn't mean I'm gonna dress like one. 

Mal and I have gotten better since that day, we spend one day each week together doing a bonding activity. She's sticking to the therapy sessions with Fairy Godmother and I'm glad that she's working on herself. She's hung out with Hadie a few times in the last few months but nothing much, he's too doubtful when it comes to Mal and that makes sense given our history. He believes that she's doing this so she doesn't lose Ben, and while that might be true, I am going to have some sort of fate for her. 

When I finally arrived, I took a deep breath and saw none other than Ellie waiting for me, along with someone else. It wasn't someone I met previous times. She was a dark-skinned girl wearing an Arendelle Guard uniform, maybe she had gotten a guard since I last saw her. "Ellie, a pleasure to see you again." I greeted her with a curtsy, she huffed a bit and I saw the guard behind her elbow her, and she groaned but with one look she responded to me. "Welcome back Hattie, please come in. Mother is waiting for us the in parlor." She said and the two walked ahead and I followed suit. Looking at Ellie, I saw she looked much different since I last saw her. Her once neatly put-together look was more casual. 

Her long silver-white hair that both she and Ethan had inherited was no longer in a bun but rather short and curly at her shoulders. She didn't wear a dress either, rather she was wearing a icy blue pantsuit and had a slightly flowing cape attached. But the major thing I noticed was a ring on her left hand, to be specific on her ring finger. I didn't mention it to her in case she decided to pick a fight and that is the last thing I want to do right now. 

We walked until we reached the parlor where Queen Elsa was located. When we reached the room, the elder Queen stood up gracefully, walked over to me, and shockingly hugged me tightly. "Welcome back Hattie." She said and I chuckled and curtsied the Queen. "Thank you, Ma'am. I didn't expect a warm welcome from you, given how I left your son emotionally." I told her and she smiled and laughed. "You did what you thought was right back then, much like I did when I became Queen years ago." She explained and I nodded, she guided me to a plush couch where Arendellen pastries were waiting for us, with some jasmine tea. If there was one thing I missed more besides my family and Ethan, it was these pastries. 

The three of us talked while the guard stood next to Ellie, occasionally the two were glancing at one another. Seriously something was up and I think the Queen noticed it too, but she didn't say anything at all. When it came to Ellie, Ethan told me that it was best for her to tell you herself and open up when she's ready. Suddenly, I saw Lady Anna come in with her husband, along with Iris. "Hattie!" Iris yelled and I stood to greet her but she quickly took me by surprise and tackled me into a hug. "I missed you girlie." She said and I sighed but chuckled at the girl's attitude. "I missed you as well, I heard you had left Auradon Prep a year ago." I said and she nodded. "Yeah, I got accepted into a prestigious school where I'm planning to learn law. I was easily able to graduate early so I left and now working towards my degree." She explained and I was stunned, she was able to leave the school to learn somewhere already. 

"Ahem, Iris, it isn't polite to ignore the others." Lady Anna interrupted the redhead's conversation and Iris blushed and nodded. "Sorry Mom, sorry Aunt Elsa, I didn't mean to take Hattie away from any important conversations." She said and Elsa laughed. "It's fine Iris, I sometimes wonder if Anna had a twin." She teased and Lady Anna whined but it was all good banter. I saw Ellie walk out and the guard following her at a rapid pace, quickly the mood soured and we watched the two run out. "What was that about?" Iris asked and I stood up and followed the two. 

I ended up finding them at the end of a hallway and I stopped when I heard a conversation. "Gods, why can't I talk to her about us?" Ellie asked and I was confused when I heard another voice speak. "Darling, you have to break out of that shell and talk to them. I love you, and I want to marry you, but when will that ever happen?" A voice spoke and Ellie quickly spoke. "I promise Nao, I will talk to my Mom. But I don't know how the council will react, nor do I know her reaction to this. Only my father knew about my struggles with this, and I don't have him to help me." Ellie explained and I broke inside, this girl was struggling with a lot and she couldn't talk to anyone to help her. 

I heard a kiss being exchanged and before I could even speak up, a hand stopped me. I turned and saw Queen Elsa and she had this saddened look in her eyes. She shook her head and walked towards the two, facing the young couple. 

(3rd P.O.V)

Queen Elsa looked at her daughter and the guard who was secretly her daughter's lover. "Mom, I-I can-" Ellie started but the Queen held her hand and the girl stopped talking, the guard backed away from her love, hoping to avoid punishment or death by the Ice Queen. "My daughter, did I do something wrong to make you hide yourself?" She asked her eldest, the Queen's voice held a wavering sadness that nobody ever heard. Ellie watched her mother in dismay as she quickly panicked, she was a copy of her Mother with her father's smart mouth. "No- no I, I have to be the perfect daughter. The perfect princess, as heir to the throne I have a duty to the kingdom." Ellie started but then she looked at her love and held her hand together. "But I also want to find love like you and father had, and it isn't with some prince or nobleman like you. It's with her, with Naomi." Ellie told her mom boldly, the guard, now named Naomi, proudly smiled and wrapped an arm around her love. 

Elsa smiled at the sight. "Like mother, like daughter I suppose." She said and walked over to Ellie and the two embraced, which broke Ellie into sobbing tears. The mask she wore finally breaking and revealed a girl who just wanted to make her mom proud. "I'm happy for you both." Hattie said, revealing herself from the wall and walked towards the family. "I believe you two will be very happy together. And I hope you and I can get along in the future." Hattie told Ellie who laughed as she wiped a tear, thankful she wore waterproof makeup. "Happily so." She said and everything felt right in the world.

Authors opinion: Hi everyone, here is the next chapter and I hope you all liked this. I decided to give Ellie someone to bring her out of that shell she has, and to give this family a bit more happiness. There is more to come so get ready everyone and so until the next time bye