Hattie's Truth

(Ethan P.O.V)

Audrey has made a full recovery and she has been sentenced to 60 months of community service and therapy sessions to help her become a better version of herself. Hattie is still here in Auradon and Hades is here too with Persephone, the two girls were talking about the new baby that was going to appear in the early spring while Hades was enjoying this moment with both of his girls. I talked to both Ben and Mal separately and both are going to work on themselves before getting married, especially Mal in regards to her relationship and treatment of Hattie and her dad. Ben was planning on leaving, there were things he saw that were bad but he also believes Mal can change. She has shown some remorse but I won't keep my hopes up at all.

Today they were formally celebrating their engagement, inviting everyone who could come and celebrate them. I was in a simple white polo shirt and pale blue suit pants, I also wore black dress shoes. Hattie came by my side which made me happy to see her, her short blue hair was slightly curled and I saw that her outfit wasn't all blue like she used to wear. Instead, she wore a white shirt with a 3/4 inch sleeve, a pastel purple skirt, and a sheer floral pastel blue cardigan over the shirt but wore her signature black combat boots. I hated how I knew what she wore, I'm around a lot of girls so I learned a thing or two over the years. I smiled at her and gently kissed her lips and she blushed, she was this powerful Goddess but here she was blushing adorably. Nobody knew she was back and I didn't care about them, I was thinking about stepping down since Ben had Mal as his Queen to help him with his duties.

"You look wonderful, I see you're wearing some of your mother's colors." I remarked and she laughed. "Yeah, I wanted to change things up a bit." She replied and I shook my head, she always was spunky at times. "Oh, Mother gave me something to give you whenever you return." I said and immediately left her side and walked to the safe I had in the office and unlocked it to reveal a simple circlet. "Is that for me...?" Hattie asked and I nodded. "Mother had this specially made for you, she wanted you to feel like you were a part of our family." I told her and she teared up and she stopped herself. "I... I can't accept this." She said and I was stunned, carefully I placed the circlet down and looked at her. "Why?" I asked her and she sighed and walked over to me.

She held my hands and looked at them. "Ethan, when I am done here, I am to return to Olympus. I'm not sure if or when I would be able to return to this realm." She explained and my heart shattered, I let her hands go and I walk slowly to the couch and she quickly went to my side but I turned to her. "And you were just gonna leave and not come back, leading me on?!" I asked her and she shook her head. "No, I wanted to tell you this week but with everything with Mal and Audrey, I just wanted to enjoy these last days with you." She explained and I shook my head. "I broke when you left and now you're telling me that I'm never going to see you again! How am I supposed to handle that again! Please tell me that Hattie, cause I wanna know how would I handle losing you a second time?" I remarked and she held herself closely, I never raise my voice but a lot this week happened. "I was... going to rewrite your memories so you never even met me. It would've been the safest method so you never would've experienced heartache from me again." She revealed and I was stunned, she was willing to let me go because of this. "You know I never would want to spell you, but knowing that you would be waiting for me would hurt with this. I would've made sure that you would be happy with someone else, even if it isn't with me." She said and I realized that this was hard on her as it would be for me.

Then we heard a knock on the door to reveal Hades and Persephone, both must've heard the yelling. "What's going on?" Hades asked and Hattie started to cry, she tried to be strong but how could she with everything going on. "Hattie is leaving Auradon to return to Olympus, possibly permanently." I revealed and Hades looked at his daughter and walked over to her. "Who told you that you had to stay on Olympus?" Hades asked her and she sniffled. "Z-Zeus and Hera. They said that I shouldn't be mingling with the mortals for long, in case my magic goes haywire." She explained and Hades nearly went red but Persephone calmed him down. "Honey, that isn't true. You are in complete control with your powers, Zeusy-boy had no right to say that to you. When I get back to Olympus he's getting a yelling for." Hades told her and she looked relieved and yet hesitant. "Hattie, don't let this boy go. As much as I don't want to see any of my kids grow up, you my dear have a boy who is willing to above and beyond for you." He said and I looked at her with pleading eyes.

Persephone noticed Hattie's hesitation and walked over to her daughter. "Little flame, why are you hesitating? You know he loves you and you love him, what is stopping you." She wondered and Hattie looked at her mom. "Mom, he's mortal and will die before I know it. I... I can't lose him, I'd rather let him live his life loving another woman than him be with me and I see him die and decay before my eyes. Mal might be able to deal with that, but I can't... not when I love him as much as I do." She revealed and that's when it hit me, she was right as I will die eventually but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy now. "Oh sweetie, don't worry about that right now. Your father and I are working on something but right now, enjoy what you have with him. Focus on the good and not the bad." She said and Hattie looked at me, I slowly walked towards her and she cried and I held onto her, a few tears slipping out of my eyes.

(Hattie P.O.V)

I cried softly into Ethan's shirt and he cried as well, I heard the door close but we didn't care at the moment. "Please Hattie, don't let the fears of the future stop us, stop this. I lost you once my Chrysanthemum, I am not letting you go again." He said and I nodded, there he simply kissed my forehead and we both stopped the tears and calmed down. He walked back to the circlet and held it in his hands. "Do you accept this token?" He asked formally and I nodded. "You're stuck with me baby." I said and he smirked before placing it gently on my head, letting my hair hide some of the metal. "Now, you look like the Queen that you are." He teased and I blushed and laughed at him. "Ready to go?" I asked and he nodded, we held onto each of our arms and walked to the carriages waiting for us.

Authors opinion: Hey everyone, and here is this chapter. I'm sorry y'all but I couldn't separate this two. This chapter is a long one but we don't have many of those at times, but this left a hint that Persephone is working on something so find out eventually. Either way you guys, enjoy this chapter and until the next time bye