Reunion

(Ethan P.O.V)

When I heard that Maleficent's Sceptor was stolen, I knew Mal would blame Uma. That was always her one person to blame, that or Hattie but she hasn't been seen or heard in three years. It has been hard knowing that she hasn't been here in three years, it's also even harder since she had ended our relationship three years ago. I wasn't in the meeting that Ben was holding with Mal and his parents, I won't be in the same room as Mal after what happened that day. I do blame Mal for Hattie leaving, if it weren't for her, then Hattie would still be here and be by my side. I have been going to therapy for this resentment and anger, but the best thing I have to deal with this is just staying away from her. I could hear a lot of yelling from the four of them and while I couldn't hear what they were saying, I knew it was nothing good and was Ben's father trying to push his agenda onto his son. 

Ben's parents storm out of the room, and I saw Ben and Mal talking to one another, I was eyeing the ring on Mal's finger, Ben had proposed yesterday and while I was happy for the two of them, I was feeling jealous. I pushed those feelings aside and began working on my papers for the day, making sure that I don't fall behind on my duties. "Ethan, can you come here?" Ben called out and I sighed but got up from my desk and walked into the office, I looked at Ben and I can see how much he had changed in the last three and a half years. His hair has gotten longer, he had also developed bags underneath his eyes from the hours he has stayed up and worked through the night. "What is your opinion on what is going on with Maleficent's Sceptor?" He asked me and I hummed. "It is rather weird that it was stolen in the middle of the night, given that security has been improved and enhanced since Mal and the others have come to Auradon. But we don't know how the guard had fell asleep, almost as if he was cursed by the Sceptor. Mal never said anything about the Sceptor possibly able to use spells without a wielder." I explained my thought process and Ben understood where I was coming from. 

Suddenly a cloud appeared in the middle of the room and immediately I went in front of Ben to protect him, when the cloud cleared, I felt my throat tighten. "Hello boys, I heard about someone taking the Sceptor." Hattie said, she changed since I last saw her. Her hair, that was once long, was short and was a cute pixie cut. She wore a flowy baby blue top with a tight leather skirt, black combat boots and the ring I gave her on Cotillion, hanging on her neck on a chain. "Hattie... what're you...?" I asked and I couldn't even fully speak, she looked at me, the same blue eyes that I dream of every night, pouring into my own. "My time away has helped me gain control of my powers, and that is how I found out about what is going on here in Auradon. How did this happen, I though by now Auradon would've updated their security measures." She remarked and I sighed and Ben explained that as there aren't really any main threats to Auradon, the security is still the same as when the VKs came onto the Mainland. Hattie rolled her eyes and I laughed softly at that, it had been so long since I last saw her and I could see that she was the same person I fell for three years ago. 

"Do we know who took the Sceptor?" She asked us and both of us didn't know, so we shook our heads and I sighed. "I'm sorry, we're looking into who took it, but we have no way of knowing for the while. "Very well, and my magic can't sense who it is. It's if they're masking their presence somehow, but that would take a good mastery of magic and this person doesn't have that, they don't even have magic." Hattie said and I pinched the bridge of my nose, this was not what I needed today. I couldn't help but just stare at Hattie, her hair wasn't even lit like it used to be, so her hair was its natural state, the color was that of the sky. Her glasses weren't the slightly thick frames she used to wear, but were thinner and were a rose gold color, probably to help represent her Mother. "Until we have more information, I have to get things rolling to protect the citizens." Ben said and he walked away and it was just me and Hattie.

Authors opinion: Hey everyone, here is the newest update. Sorry it has taken me so long but now we're in the home stretch the final film. I know it's been a ride with you all and I thank you all so much for waiting this out with me. The next chapter will not be based around the film, but a scene for Ethan and Hattie. I want you guys to also decide if Hattie and Ethan should be together in the end, but until the next time bye