💫𝕋𝕎𝔼𝕃𝕍𝔼💫

Y/N's POV:

Every step forward, every snap of the twigs; my heart skipped a beat. I inhaled deeply to calm down, enjoying the fresh air, for once in a state of peace. The melodious chirping of the birds complemented the tranquility. A gust of wind blew, and the soft rustling of leaves could be heard. As I soaked in the peaceful surroundings, I almost lost track of my target. Tch, leave it to him to pick a commission that led him to a place like this! I grumbled internally. The world would be so much better without those damned hilichurls! The number of commissions people would post would also be cut down in half.

Quickening my footsteps, I spotted the bard in a hilichurl camp. There was but a few hilichurls, around twenty or so, a couple of mitachurls and a Hydro Abyss Mage. Aware of the fact that that bard was quite a force to be reckoned with, I knew victory would come easy. My back pressed against the rough bark of a tree, I hid in a nearby tangle of bushes and watched the drama unfold.

Tornadoes whirled around the arena as arrow after arrow struck the terrified hilichurls. They were up in the air, struggling, their weapons on the ground. Those hilichurls had a very limited amount of intelligence, I deduced, for the ones I fight were much smarter and would have been more than ready for battle the moment an outsider stirred unrest at the edges of the camp. The Abyss Mage was not in a better position. Its shield broken, it lay on the ground pathetically, whimpering in agony as arrows struck its weak body in succession.

All of a sudden, a lawachurl appeared out of nowhere, and while Venti's attention was on the lawachurl, three Abyss Mages tackled him from behind. "Huh, I should've expected more monsters to be residing in such a large camp," I mused aloud softly. Caught off-guard, Venti struggled to find his footing and decided to float instead. Another lawachurl rammed into him without warning and sent him flying. I stifled a gasp. Slamming into an Abyss Mage's shield, he had little time to react before reinforcements arrived.

No longer able to sit still, I came out of hiding with a glare that could make even gods cry. What happened next was a blur. I could faintly recall slashing at the monsters with my polearm and destroying their pathetic shields with my elemental skill. Soon, the bard, too, was on his feet, striking a 'churl down every nanosecond. More came to the monsters' rescue, but with an infinite amount of stamina, I destroyed them all without breaking a sweat.

When the smoke cleared, Venti explained sheepishly that he was attempting an extremely difficult commission for Mora, but greatly underestimated the number of monsters at the giant camp. Of course, I knew all that already, but I nodded in understanding as there were moments when my lack of Mora troubled me greatly.

He thanked me with a wide grin. "Thanks for the help!" "Well, you assisted me in the cold, dark cave last time. The least I can do is to return the favour when you are in need of help as well." I replied. After some small talk, we introduced ourselves. Though I was sure he spoke nothing but the truth, I could only sprout lies before knowing whether I could trust him. I mentally thanked Tartaglia for the inspiration.