💫💫𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐-𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋💫💫

Venti's POV:

"You're good with children, huh," I commented and nudged Y/N as she grunted in response. "Makes me wonder if you have your own.

"Do I look old enough to have children?" she deadpanned with a bored expression. "You don't look the age either."

"Why does everyone say that?! I'm a lot older than I look!" I declared, puffing my cheeks in annoyance. "People like you are why I struggle to get alcohol... There were no such regulations back in the good old days!"

She furrowed her brows and kicked a pebble off the path before asking, "So how old are you, exactly?"

With a slight smirk, I replied gleefully, "Around twenty-six hundred!"

"Yeah, right. And I'm twenty-five hundred," she said sarcastically with a deadpan expression. It was an expected reaction, for unless someone had seen my abilities, they would never believe such a sweet and innocent bard could be the almighty Anemo Archon—Lord Barbatos himself!

"If you're twenty-six hundred years old, my name is not Y/N," she snorted and sighed. "Why are we-"

"Then, I guess your name is not Y/N!" I declared with a bright smile and stared at her dumbfounded face. "We should call you something else. How about... Lebensabschnittgefährte?"

"Excuse me?" she asked incredulously.

"What? If it were up to Kaeya, he'd call you 'Simp' or something," I answered, shrugging.

After Jean had arrived, Klee had to head back to the Favonius headquarters as we couldn't hide the dead fish no matter how hard we tried, so while walking back to the city alone, I tried to get Y/N to humor me by making conversation. She was a tad bit upset to see Klee go. It made me wonder if she would rather I was gone than the little burny girl...

"Simp? Isn't Kaeya the Cavalry Capta- Oh no!" she gasped all of a sudden, a frantic expression resting on her lovely face.

"What's wrong?" I asked in concern.

"I forgot about my task!" Y/N wailed with a worried expression.

Having played with Klee for the whole day, I gazed at the horizon with a tinge of exhaustion. The helplessness grew on Y/N's face as the last ray of light disappeared behind the mountains. My heart hurt seeing her like that. However, I didn't want to meddle with Fatui affairs, and even if it was about her job as a toyseller, it was none of my business.

With a forced smile, she muttered, "It's alright. Don't worry. I'll get someone else to do it instead." With a genuine smile, she continued, "I don't regret spending the day with you."

"Ahaha," I chuckled nervously, "I enjoyed myself too. I'm sorry that Klee had to leave so quickly... A child needs her sleep."

"Don't be," she said sternly before whispering in my ear, "I'm glad it's not you who's gone."

My heart palpitated against my ribs and my breath hitched as she leaned closer. I took a while to appreciate her ethereal features and unfathomable beauty. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ears, she pulled away and we gazed at the stars in silence.

After a long, long while, my eyelids began to droop and my head lowered to my chest. I could vaguely feel a pair of delicate arms pulling me into a warm embrace, causing me to fall into a deep sleep.