💫𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ💫

Venti's POV:

"Thanks a lot, Childe! Ehe, I hope this isn't too much," I gushed and placed three more bags into his capable arms.

He groaned but I saw a hint of a smile. I hoped fervently that his wallet wasn't empty after paying for thirty-six bags of souvenirs and goods. Every one of the bags were roughly the size of the Spark Knight, Klee, so it amounts to a great mass as well. But we barely explored half of the city of contracts!

As Y/N told me humorous stories of Liyue which were much more interesting than Zhongli's history lessons, Childe ordered Fatui agents to sent the stuff we bought to Mondstadt per Y/N's request. Y/N suggested that we head to Wangshu Inn for a break to escape from the scorching hot sun as well as to grab a small bite. I eagerly agreed, because last I heard, the traveler would be there at that hour.

Y/N was truly a remarkable person. I thought she was just an ordinary person from that blockhead's land, but if she was indeed a Fatui recruit, I could see why they valued someone like her. In addition to her Fatui duties, she was the secretary at the Liyue Institute of Toy Research, which Childe snorted at. Was he the boss there or something...?

Nevertheless, Y/N had boundless knowledge about children's playthings and the marvelous history behind the invention of each one. An avid adventurer as well, she had explored tundras and prairies as well as mountainous terrains and even the deep blue sea. She probably gained much experience from those adventures. As intriguing as they were, Childe seemed strangely uninterested in all that.

We arrived at Wangshu Inn in no time. There, Paimon was gobbling food up again and the traveler was speaking to an adeptus on a seemingly serious subject. Something about another adeptus who didn't get along with another one of the adepti and caused a young one to be hurt and a soft one to cry. As if on purpose, Y/N walked in the opposite direction of their table, not seeming to have taken an interest in them, or perhaps she did not wish to meddle in adeptal affairs. Childe followed suit with his hands in his pockets.

"I'll go catch up with my friends in a bit," I whispered. She nodded and did not appear to be pleased as she gritted her teeth. Childe, on the other hand, had a smug grin on his face and got to Aether quicker than I did.

"Childe? Paimon didn't expect to run into you here," Paimon stated with a mouthful of food. Childe, forever itching for a fight, smirked and declared, "I've heard that you've been training, traveler. Hehe, it's been a while since I fought a worthy opponent.

"You mean you want to get your butt kicked again?" Paimon asked with an unamused expression.

"Don't be so sure. I, Tartaglia, am always getting stronger!" he claimed with a cool pose. "That's what you say every week. And you always end up handing me one of your best artifacts," the traveler deadpanned.

"Well-"

Paimon cut him short with a yell, "Tone-Deaf Bard!"