💫💫𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐-𝕆ℕ𝔼💫💫

Venti's POV:

"What did the letter say? Do you need to run more missions?" I asked in concern as her face contorted into a frown. Y/N shook her head vigorously and muttered, "No, I'm free today. I just don't get the weird language this guy used."

Shrugging, she stood up and smiled down at me. "Never mind that. Let's pick Klee up and then head out on an adventure again!" she exclaimed, excitement and anticipation evident in her voice. Her sunny smile was contagious, and before I knew it, my lips were curved upwards as well. "Mhm. Let's go!"

We didn't need to head into Mondstadt to find the burny girl as a small silhouette could clearly be seen near the stone bridge where pigeons frequented. "Master Tone-Deaf Bard! Miss. Y/N!" Klee called with great enthusiasm. Dashing over to us, she flew into my arms and I smiled warmly at her. "What were you doing?"

"Catching finches!" With an adorable grin, she held out a golden finch proudly. Cradling it in her hands tenderly, she was careful to apply enough force to guarantee that her new pet wouldn't escape.

"No! She brutally murdered the poor pigeons!" a childlike voice rang out from the side of the bridge. "Who's that kid?" Y/N asked in a hushed tone while I sighed.

"A boy who's obsessed with pigeons and deems feeding them more important than anything else. So he doesn't really care about friends, education, contracts and stuff," I explained all that I had heard from the locals. With a confused expression, Klee pointed out, "But Aether asked if Klee could get some fowl for Brook, and Klee thought that those pigeons were fat enough, so Klee decided to help the traveler out!"

Giggling, I sang a half-hearted apology to Timmy, unable to act serious because of Klee's cuteness overload. Y/N threw a look of disgust at the pigeon's heads and legs that were wrenched off forcefully. "We should... get going."

"But Klee has to give this to the Honorary Knight!" the young knight explained, stuffing the fowl in her backpack. "Let's go together then," I suggested and pulled the other two along. The traveler was usually seen around Liyue nowadays. There was a rumor that he returned to Dragonspine a while back and faced a mutated whopperflower alone, but Paimon tended to overexaggerate things.

After all, the winds knew the truth.

Y/N's POV:

"Terra-smash!"

Just great. My eyes had to suffer from the sight of the troublemaker again.

Honestly, the only reason that he wasn't dead was because of a certain coward named Childe. Signora had told me that the traveler went to Northland Bank immediately after an exhausting fight with Beisht's husband. He was even panting! What a good chance to slice off that little head of his. But no, Childe had to keep up appearances in front of the Geo dong.

But what could I say? Am I not doing the same?

No, of course it wasn't the same, I reassured myself. I'm not keeping up appearances in front of a god; I'm meerly trying not to stir up suspicion to aid in my spying mission.

But why do you have to spy on him? A nasty voice in the back of my head nagged. It seemed obvious, but when I tried to draw the answer out, all that surfaced was a fuzzy blank.

"Hey, Honorary Knight!"

"Tone-Deaf Bard!" Paimon exclaimed as we approached the stupid duo.

Aether let out a hugh sigh and plopped onto the grass. "I cleared away the last of the hilichurls. Phew, that was my final commission."

"Your recent commissions are all so boring and repetitive! Why is there so many monsters around Wangshu Inn anyway? Plus, isn't that Millelith with a bottomless stomach finally full already? Why do we have to feed him breakfast everyday?" Paimon whined, spinning in slow, sloppy circles.

"Here's your fowl! Klee bombed three ponds and one bridge for this!" Klee exclaimed with sparkling eyes as she held out the fowl she had collected.

"Thanks, Klee. Now I can finally finish that request. Ugh," the traveler complained as he stood up reluctantly. "I love you so much, Klee. Ah, I still need to talk to Keqing, and..."

Venti was silent as the traveler as his adorable companion flew away.

"Windblume..."

"Huh?" That was a random comment. What was a windblume? Did it mean something to him? I studied his expression. He was in his youth, but held a face of longing with a tinge of excitement. Alarm bells went off in my head when I realised something. Was I the one who was fooled? Was he the one doing the spying all this time?

He did speak of history as though it wasn't just stories, but his own experiences... Mostly the archon war, but sometimes individuals of Liyue and Mondstadt were mentioned. We were in Windrise, a relaxing venue, but he went so deep.

"Venti," he spun around at my word and faced me, "You're not...

A supernatural creature, like an archon's familiar, or Mond's version of an adeptus, by any chance?"