💫💫𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐-𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ💫💫

Venti's POV:

"Fancy seeing you here. What brings you to Mondstadt?" I asked, holding the glass to my lips. Fatui Harbingers were almost never seen in the city of Mond, and when they did appear, it was never in a tavern.

"Why, I never asked why you go to Liyue, Venti. Does Mondstadt not welcome a handsome lad like me?" Childe gasped in a fake hurt tone. Wine flowed into our empty glasses and we took another sip, enjoying the heavenly taste as well as the fragrance.

Diluc rolled his eyes at our bickering. Usually, he would be at Dawn Winery, but poor Charles had to look after a sick relative, and despite what he claimed, Diluc was far from heartless.

"You should be rejoicing now that I'm here since my generosity knows no bounds," Childe declared with a smug smile. "At least I could get drinks without owing reddie here." Diluc eyed him suspiciously like he always did whenever the Harbinger spoke.

"I'm not happy that you're here," I pointed out with a casual smile. "I'm happy that your wallet's here. Who needs an annoying young lord when his wallet is present?"

He groaned in annoyance and muttered something about Zhongli saying the same thing. What did he expect? He was a ginger. Truth to be told, I was glad that the Harbinger decided to spend his vacation in Mondstadt, and that he wasn't there for Fatui business, which would make poor Jean even more sleep deprived. That would bring memory issues and mood swings, which might worsen her relationship with Barbara if accidents occur. Concentration issues aside, the worst thing about sleep deprivation was that her sex life would be terrible! Not that Jean had a boyfriend though...

The day had been busy, and I had run around quite a bit together with Y/N. The priceless look on her face when I introduced her to the knight I had chosen was still fresh in my memory. Even though Klee wasn't really a guide, I had no regrets, because I had noticed how much joy the young child brought her. Klee was a bottomless well of joy, and she wouldn't hesitate to share some for Y/N's smile to surface. Y/N's genuine smiles were even more priceless and when she wore them on her face, she looked as though she was an ethereal angel who had descended from the heavens.

"Venti. Venti! Lord Barbatos!" Childe called, snapping his fingers in annoyance. Pulled back to reality, I filled my mouth with another refreshing mouthful of dandelion wine before asking, "What is it, Childe?"

"Do you have an inkling of who Y/N is?" he asked gravely and suddenly lowered his glass of wine. It would make sense that they were a lot more familiar with each other if my assumption that they worked together in the Fatui was correct. However, Childe had acted pretty hostile when we were hanging around Liyue, so I didn't press for the details. Either they weren't as close as I had thought, or they simply did not get along.

I nodded and tilted my head, wondering where he was going with that. "You don't," Childe said straightforwardly. Raising an eyebrow, I enquired, "Why? I know she works with the Fatui."

With a look of surprise, Childe stuttered a little before continuing, "That's not all. She's a Harbinger." He clearly wanted to get a reaction out of me, but I wasn't too surprised to say the least. Ordinary allogenes didn't fight the way she did.

To spite him, I just blinked with no expression at all. "Mhm," I said, hiding the glee in my voice, "And?"

His knuckles turned white with frustration and his fingers ran through his hair as he exclaimed in exasperation, "Ugh, she's a spy! She's dangerous, Lord Barbatos. I came to warn you on Morax's behalf."

Staring at the table, he sighed and his ears tinted red as though he had told a lie. It didn't matter if he was lying through his teeth or not. The pesky Harbinger had ruined my lovely night and he had a price to pay.

"Hold your horses, Childey. Lemme enjoy my wine and tomorrow, when I'm sober, we can talk more! How does that sound?" I suggested cheerily with a grin as I downed yet another glass of wine.

His only response was an annoyed grunt.