05

This is a work of FICTION. All characters are used in FICTITIOUS manner.

---

Irene's POV

The fun is about to start. Dumating na din ang mga mayor sa iba't-ibang parte ng norte. I found out that the lady staring is the daughter of the invited guest. She is the blacksheep of the family, I heard.

She has the look. Sabi eh matalino din daw. Ang kaso ay sakit sa ulo. She bring her family problems and scandals. Kaliwa't kanan ang mga lalaki niya. Malandi.

We all stood up for the sake of formalities. Nakipagkamayan ang pamilya ko sa mga mayors and the guests.

"Mr. Araneta, I didn't know you are here! I'm Beatrice." lumingon ako sa tabi ko and I saw her infront of Greggy.

I also saw Greggy extended his arms to shake her hand. "Uh, nice to meet you."

"Alam mo hanga ako sa iyo. At a very young age your father entrusted you your family's company. Imagine being a CEO at your 20's. Not to mention, you're a fine hot bachelor." she said. "Are you not getting yourself a girlfriend?"

"Well, I am courting a beautiful woman right now. She's here beside me" naramdaman kong inakbayan niya ako.

Kita ko ang gulat sa mukha niya. Peke akong ngumiti sa kanya at umalis na siya nang walang paalam. She even rolled her eyes!

I smiled at Greggy and we faced our visitors. Nasa gitna kami ng hall nakaupo. Nakaside ng kaunti, nakaharap sa side ng kalsada para sa parade.

Maya-maya ay nagsalita na ang MC. Pinapa-settle na ang mga tao dahil malapit na ang parade. I can hear the drums now.

Nauna ang isang truck na dinesign'an na parang empanada, dito nakalagay ang speaker kung saan ipinapatugtog ang kanta para sa fiesta ng empanada.

Sa likod nito ay ang unang paaralan. Inaabot palagi ng gabi ang parade dahil kasali lahat ng paaralan-elementary, highscool and even college sa lahat ng parte ng Ilocos Norte.

This is not just a simple parade. Lahat ay may street dance and yung concept nila ay proseso ng paggawa ng empanada at yung iba ay pag-aani ng palay.

I took a photo to every schools because I am amazed by their colorful costumes and very excellent performances. Tiningnan ko ang katabi ko at kita kong tuwang-tuwa siya.

I enjoyed watching this students and even adults who participated in this parade. The program begins. This is very fun. A lot of performances and talks.

Napa-aga ang celebration ngayon. Last year, it was held on 22nd of December while this year, the first friday of the month.

Of course, this celebration is not complete without empanada. We ate not just only that but a lot kinds of foods. Busog na busog kami, with the foods and also entertainment.

My mom, my siblings and I are needed to be in front. "Wait lang ha." paalam ko kay Greggy. We will award the winners.

While conducting the awarding, lumingon ako sa mesa namin and there I saw Beatrice talking to Greggy. They seem to enjoy whatever their topic is dahil tawa sila ng tawa. Now I can't wait to end this awarding.

Nang matapos na mabilis akong naglakad sa upuan ko. "I think kailangan ko nang bumalik sa upuan namin, Greg. It was fun talking to you, don't forget our dinner ha. Please be there." malanding sabi niya.

"She's funny no?" he asked me.

"Funny pala bakit di mo samahan at magtawanan kayo magdamag?" I rolled my eyes.