33

This is a work of FICTION. All characters are used in FICTITIOUS manner.

---

"Isn't that a litte too big?" Zack asked Architect Portia who is busy sketching a design for the newest hotel of the company.

"Mukha lang malaking tingnan sa sketch pero hindi yan magiging malaki kapag nagawa na" Architect Polaris, Portia's sister answered.

"Okay po" tipid na sagot naman ni Zack.

I am here, in a long table, with engineers and architects around me, discussing about their new project.

Tahimik lang akong nakikinig sa kanila pero kanina, I also gave some opinions and suggestions which they accepted naman.

After hours of working, "Done!" they cheered.

"I'll pass this now to boss" Engineer Caelum informed everyone and then he left.

Tahimik kaming naghihintay hanggang sa bumalik na siya.

"So?" they asked, with full of hope.

"Again daw" bumagsak ang balikat nila dahil sa balita.

Caelum went beside Zack and drank his water. "Eh nasaan yung sketch nila Architect?" he whispered.

"Kinuha ni boss. When he found out that Miss Irene is helping us, he decided to keep it. But we have to do new design again. Ganoon daw, kapag may ipapasa, kukunin niya pa rin kahit ipinapaulit niya" Caelum whispered back.

Ang bwisit na yon! Looking at the sketch kanina, maganda naman ah.

"Ah, alam ko na!" Polaris exclaimed.

She started to do it again, and with the help of the other architects, they finished two sketches. The other one is quite similar to the first one because they kept my suggestion kanina.

"Engineers, architects, to the conference room now. May meeting tayo with the new investors" Greggy came in. Then he looked at me, "You can come if you want to" with that, he left.

Isa-isang tumayo ang mga kasama ko, so I did the same. When we reached the elevator, I was about to go inside pero pagtapak palang ng paa ko, tumunog ito.

"Puno na po Miss Irene" Caelum said.

"Irene dito tayo!" I heard Zack called me and when I saw him, he's standing in front of Greggy's elevator.

I peeked inside and to my surprise, the owner is still there, na para bang may hinihintay. "Get in" he said.

I slowly step inside, I can hear Zack's giggle from time to time. He's behind us while we're in front of him.

Everyone has settled down when we entered the room.

"Ah, finally, Greg is here" a lady said in a malandi tone.

I was about to sit beside Caelum pero inunahan ako ni Zack.

"You're welcome" aniya na nakangisi, na ikinakunot ng noo ko.

Huh?

I looked around and the only vacant seat is the chair on the right side of Greggy's.

Heto na naman tayo.

I saw him tapped the table, gesturing me to go sit there. I have no choice but to do so dahil ako na lang ata ng hinihintay maupo para makapag-simula na sila.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet Veronica Laurin Morgan and her brother, Keanu Lionel Morgan. They are our newest investors" Greggy started.

Isa-isang bumati ang mga tao dito habang tahimik lang akong nag-oobserba dito.