12

This is a work of FICTION. All characters are used in FICTITIOUS manner.

---

We have arrived in the company. Paskong-pasko dahil kaliwa't kanan ang mga naka-red at green. We are seated in a round table here in front. On my left side is Greggy and Mommy is on my right.

Everyone is greeting not only Greggy but also us. The news about the 'thing' between me and him circulated to the guests.

"Bakit ba naiiba ang kulay natin?" bulong ko kay Greggy.

"Mga regalo tayo ngayon." he chuckled. "Just kidding. Para madali kitang mahanap kung sakali man na lumayo ka. Tsaka para tayo lang ang magka-pareho"

"Napaka-mature naman ng rason mo" I scoffed and focused my attention to the program.

Everyone is having fun. There are people singing, dancing, and playing. Kahit mga tinitingalang tao ay nakikisali sa mga palaro. The whole floor is filled with joy and laughter.

Suddenly, a slow music was played. Greggy stood up and offered his hand, "Can we dance?"

I smiled and gave him my hand and we walked to the dancefloor. As soon as everybody saw us, they were clapping. They even cleared the dancefloor for us, so kami lang dalawa ang sumasayaw.

He placed my hand on his shoulder and he placed his on my waist. "Even tho you refused to wear my choice of gown, you still look dazzling tonight" he told me.

"Thank you. You look so handsome too"

"I just don't like other men look at you. Hindi ko na lang sana sila inimbita." he rolled his eyes. Parang babae to jusko, ang arte.

"What a sweet moment for Mr. Araneta and Ms. Marcos." the MC uttered in the mic so everyone clapped and cheered. Hindi nagtagal ay may mga pumunta na din sa dancefloor.

We went back to our seats dahil kakain na. Finally! Kanina pa ako nagugutom. "Finish all of this" ani Greggy nang makabalik siya. He went to get food for me dahil naiwan kami ni Borgy dito sa table.

"I can't eat all of these. Napakadami."

"Kaya mo yan. Now give me Borgy and eat."

"Paano ka?"

"Subuan mo na lang kaming dalawa" he smiled like a kid.

I did what he said. Kaya naman pala ang daming kinuha, may plano pala ang loko. Para-paraan din 'to eh.

Kukunin sana ni Manang si Borgy pero ayaw niyang umalis sa kandungan ni Greggy. Halata din sa kanya na ayaw ibigay ang bata dahil alam niyang titigil ako sa pagsusubo sa kanya ng pagkain.

After eating he was called on the stage to deliver a speech. "Good evening everyone. I hope you are having fun. On behalf of the company, as well as my family, thank you for coming and celebrating with us. I know some of you had a very tight schedule but you still manage to come here and I appreciate you for that. Your presence means a lot to us. Tonight, we are not just celebrating christmas but also the success of our proposal project last week. Now, Araneta Group of Companies will expand bigger again as we will have branches of hotels in five more countries in Europe." he paused because everyone clapped.

"I would like to acknowledge the effort of my team for succeeding the presentation. Good job you guys. Also, the organizers of this party and to all the people who helped, this party wouldn't be possible if it weren't for you guys. Those sleepless night was worth it isn't it? We turned this floor into an amazing venue."

Saka siya bumaling sa akin at itinaas ang basong hawak. "And to my energy booster. Thank you for always giving me inspiration and for lighting up my mood by just thinking and talking to you. You might not know but you lowkey contributed to our success, thank you for being my source of strength."