Prolougue

Wrenley's  POV
"Okay ladies and gentlemen, seatbelts on, we have about two hours left on the flight to Aurelia," the sweet sounding flight attendant announces.

Great, two more hours of stewing over what I just left behind in Los Angeles and fretting about the fact that I'll be staying in a country I've never been to for who knows how long. A great example of fabulous planning by yours truly.

Ok, to be fair, I will be staying in a real-life castle with one of my favorite people so the possibilities can't be too bad. A very large plus of being best friends with Duchess, soon to be Queen Consort, Hannah of Aurelia. Apparently after marrying a crowned prince, that's the title you get instead of princess. At least that's what she likes to remind me of every time I state otherwise.

I guess I'll choose to trust her and her book worthy husband, Prince Phillip, on all of the royal rules and titles. Yes, the fact I can now say a sentence like that still amazes me. I think I'm still coming to terms that their whole love story happened and wasn't some romantic comedy I like to watch. Lets just say she had no idea the handsome stranger on her Europe backpacking trip happened to be a majesty. Neither did I the first time the little liar introduced him to me.

Hearing a loud ring to my phone, I quickly silence it and give that apologetic grimace to the passengers that are now looking over. Glancing down, it comes as no surprise that the caller is a random LA area code. Oh Chris. Was blocking your number too small of a sign that I wanted the phone calls to stop?

I should have just left my phone in airplane mode instead of getting sucked into the curiosity of what airplane WiFi would be like. Apparently, it's the same as my surprisingly bargain of data plan, it allows calls from unknown numbers after you've continuously had to block the person on the other line.

I don't see how you can be caught cheating and act like it's just a little bump in the relationship. The fact that he's thinking we have a bigger chance of getting back together than him getting a well-deserved restraining order is also quite astounding. Not going to happen pal. I may have a been a bit of a pushover but not that much of one.

Thankfully for me, the emotions of the after breakup haven't been an abundance of regret or heartache. Nope, these past couple of months I've been flying high on anger, betrayal, and a little bit of self disgust for past decisions. I'm not sure if that's healthy but it feels pretty right for this situation.

I don't let people in easily, and I'm happy now that I never fully let him in either. Maybe the small voice in my head that always keeps me from being vulnerable did me a favor this time. Still, it doesn't stop the fact that I kind of wish my wizard powers would have kicked in by now. Oh how I would love to Avada Kedavra the man's much too photogenic face.

However, the best part about the whole situation has to be that Chris happens to be my costar and love interest on the tv show we star in. Which means being forced to interact with him for five 12-hour days a week.

I don't think I can keep doing that. I spent the last three months seeing a face I have no interest in seeing, much less making out with for a plot. My contract with the show just finished and I need some time to figure out what on earth I'm doing with my life. Hence the extended stay to Aurelia.

I think my my family, mainly my mom, wasn't exactly thrilled that I planned a trip to another country with no return date. Her reaction was quite similar to the one when I told her I was going to Los Angeles at 18 and skipping out on college to become an actor. Supportive, but also a lot of hesitancy for the kid you love to be so far away and following a route which isn't exactly proven in success.

I can't say that I blame her for being a mom, especially one who raised me herself and has had to fill two rolls more times than I can count. Nevertheless, even her suggestion of coming home to Arizona isn't enough to stop me from my brash decision. She's married now, to someone good who will take care of her, and I need to take care of myself. I just hope that this is the right place to do that.

"Alrighty folks, we're about to land. Turn off those phones and take a look outside to get a view at the beautiful country of Aurelia," the flight attendant states, swiftly breaking me of my thoughts.

Well theres no backing out now, not that there was 10 hours ago when the flight started. I look out my window to see a lot of green, and as we get closer to the ground, some very tall and antique styled buildings. It's beautiful, fairytale like, and it's making this decision feel like a good one. Well Aurelia, let's see what kind of adventure you're going to bring.