Chapter 5

Wrenley's POV
Right at this moment, I'm being stalked around the museum by a tall, grumpy giant. By that, I mean Mateo is walking about 3 feet behind me, looking like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world. Although that is the normal expression painted on him, so I can't blame this experience too much. 

Today was supposed to be about hanging out with some friendly ghosts, exploring Aurelia, and maybe even talking to some of the locals. Instead, I'm stuck being babysat by a man who's scowl deepens when someone gets even a little close to me. He definitely takes this bodyguard thing seriously.

"Are you about finished yet," Matteo 'excitedly' proclaims.  Just kidding I'm not sure that man even knows what excitement is.

"We got here an hour ago. We haven't even made it to the haunted doll exhibit," I reply with absolute politeness.

"Well, you know, maybe that's for the best." Then under his breath, almost too quiet to hear, "Of  course she wants to look at the fucking dolls."

Okay, rude, I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. I'm about to say something back but I realize we're right in front of the entrance of that supposed room.

Most of the museum so far has looked aged but classy with a lot of different historical artifacts. The color scheme being a white marble for many of the walls and a dark crimson for each display case. It makes the atmosphere feel very much like an older theatre, where the show includes the different items on display. Sadly, there was a no picture sign on the front door. It's the first thing that I've wanted to share in a while.

The entrance to the doll room though, looks very dark. Dark as in there's hardly any light, and dark as in there's definitely some bad energy going on. Right outside the door to get in, there's a good looking museum employee who seems to be only a little bit older than I am. He's greeting and giving some sort of speech to each person that walks in.

"Hello there beautiful, are you wanting to see the doll exhibit," he asks with a smile and a wink. Beautiful?! My face is definitely blushing right now.

"Thank you, I..," I begin.

"Yes, we're here to see the exhibit. Is there another reason people come over here," Matteo asks as he very rudely cuts me off. After that, he quickly pushes between me and the handsome museum man with good eyesight.

The man, Mark, if his name tag is correct, now has a tighter smile and an almost annoyed expression. What can I say, Matteo has that affect on people.

"Of course. As you walk, we just ask that you make sure to keep distance from the displays. Some of the dolls are quite old and most of them have a certain history. One that didn't turn out too well for the people they interacted with," his voice comes out more professional than before.

Oh, so these are the Annabelle type of dolls. That's fine, I'll just keep my distance and sage with holy water when I get back to the castle. The pull of curiosity has always had a better grip on me then common sense. It's a fault I haven't quite worked out yet.

"We'll be careful. Thank you so much, Mark," I reply with the normal well mannered response.

"Yes Mike, thanks for the help," Matteo adds in with a disgruntled tone. He then starts forcefully guiding me to the room with one hand on my back. What is wrong with him?

Matteo comes to a stop and removes his hand as we get out of view from the entrance. I look up, taking notice of the room that is smothered in darkness. The only exception being small spotlights that shine on each display. There's also some creepy instrumental music that can be heard playing in the background.