Chapter 14

Wrenley's POV
"Do you think this looks ok? I mean, do I look like a royal," Hannah asks me in an unsure voice. Hannah's not usually one to care too much about what she's wearing but I can see why that might be different today.

It's finally the day of the coronation and I can tell my best friend is feeling all the nerves. From what I saw last night at dinner, Phillip didn't seem to be doing much better. It's a pretty big deal for both of them.

Hannah's been getting ready since 5 o'clock this morning and I joined her a little later. Thankfully my look is just a simple one, including a strapless black gown, some curled hair, and basic makeup. Hannah was not so lucky, she's had a team of stylists working with her for the last few hours. It's now almost 8 and the last person just walked out. As composed as she was with the stylists, I'm guessing she's realized we have only a couple minutes before we have to head down.

I look over at her dress, which is a beautiful gold a-line with thick spaghetti straps. The dress, along with the golden curls falling down her back, make her look almost ethereal. "Are you kidding me? You look amazing and every bit the queen your about to be. Or queen consort, tomato tomato," I reply going over to her.

"Thank you, you look great as well," she absentmindedly responds before going quiet for a moment.

"I'm just nervous, I guess. I want everything to go ok today for Phillip, he deserves for it to go good. And I'm also a bit worried about the Aurelian citizens accepting me. You know as a part of their royal family," she admits while continuing to look in the mirror and running her hands down the fabric.

"I have no doubt in Phillip, it sounds like he's really turned himself into the ruler this country deserved. He's going to do great officially stepping into what he practically holds in everything but title. As for you, they've already accepted you into the royal family. Did you see how they reacted to you at the parade or done any reading of the many news articles that you're in? The people love you," I reassure her.

She finally looks away from the mirror smiling, "I thought you didn't read news papers."

Smiling over a similar conversation we said when I got here, I reply, "I do if you're in them. Now come on, I'm pretty sure it's time for us to make our way down there."

She gives herself one more look in the mirror before we're walking out towards the throne room.

All of the Aurelian nobility will already be in there, along with friends of the family. Once the ceremony starts , Hannah and Phillip will make their way down this isle and towards the front of the throne. This is where everything will take place. It honestly sounds somewhat similar to a wedding, except they're both getting married to the crown.

We reach the entrance to the throne room at seemingly the same time Phillip and Matteo do. I smile as Phillip grabs Hannah into a hug right away and they whisper a few things to each other. I can practically see both of their frames lose tension and I'm guessing it has to do a lot with just being next to each other.

Feeling a stare I know all to well, I look over at the man standing next to Phillip. Wow...If I thought he looked dressed up the day of the parade, it's nothing compared to now.

Matteo's standing in a crisp black suit that hugs every part of his body very nicely. His hair has had a few inches cut off and is slicked back in a way that shows off his deep brown eyes. Even his face has a cleaner shave than normal, which only stands to make his very prominent jawline that much more noticeable . He looks good, a little fancy, but good.

When I look back at his eyes, his stare is still on me and his jaw seems to be clenched down extremely hard. I give him a small smile but he doesn't return it. Nope, he just keeps staring at me like he can see right through the dress I have on. Is it getting hot in here?