Chapter 11

Wrenley's POV

"Hello there," I say to break the few seconds of silence that followed after him zipping up the door. I'm now realizing just how small these tents are. Definitely not enough for three people, there's hardly enough for two.

He looks at me with a small taunting smile, "Hello... You know we've been with each other the whole day, right?"

"It's called being polite Matteo, goodness", I sputter out.

Then I look down and realize I'm still in my jeans and a t shirt. This is not going to work to sleep in. "Can you leave for a moment so that I can change," I ask with no room for argument.

I won't lie, that part of me is asking with hope of finding a way to 'accidentally' lock the tent from the inside. At the very least, getting changed will give me some time to myself and allow me to get into the right mindset.

He stares me up and down, jaw ticking as he says, "Sure." Why does it always feel like there is so much more that the man is not saying?

As he makes his way back out of the tent, I look through my bag to find something that automatically brings a smile to my face. Let's just say I may or may not be a huge fan of a certain famous criminal psychology show. And an even a larger fan of the shows doctor, who has not one, but three phd's. I'm looking down at a shirt that says "Future Mrs. Spencer Reid", with pants that have the FBI logo. The pants make me feel like a special agent and the shirt makes me happy for other reasons.

See this is the mindset I need to be in. Fun pajamas, comfy sleeping bag, this is just a sleepover.

I quickly change into them, then go to unzip the door and let Matteo back in. He follows after me, and I'm about to get into my sleeping bag when I hear a little growl. I didn't know we had a wolf in here. "Who is Spencer Reid," he asks with a casual voice, that doesn't seem casual at all.

I gasp, because he did not just ask who this man is. What sort of sad life has he been living? "First of all it's Doctor," I correct.

"What," he grounds out, stepping closer into my space.

I sigh, he must really not know anything, "It's Doctor Spencer Reid, you left that part out. Honestly, I don't think he would like to be addressed without it."

I don't think he likes my answer. In fact, his face right now tells me he really doesn't like my answer. Aggravation is clear when he says, "I don't really care about how he would like to be addressed. I asked who he was, Wrenley. Now answer me."

He is being very demanding right now, but lucky for him, I'm going to ignore it. I'm about to introduce him to one of the best shows to ever hit the television screen.

"Matteo, are you actually telling me you've never watched Criminal Minds," I ask, already knowing the answer. I feel bad, this is honestly kind of embarrassing for him. The show is what gave me inspiration for the detective part of my supernatural-investigation show.

"What? No. What the hell does this have to do with...," he pauses for a moment, and it's seems as if a moment of realization comes across his face. His body then seems to lose a sort of tension that I didn't even realize was there. He's now a lot calmer as he asks, "This Reid guy is from a show? He's not real?"

"He's real in my heart Matteo, that's what matters. Come and sit down, we clearly have a lot to go over," I say, squatting down and patting a spot next to me. We both get into the bags, and I begin a very long and thorough explanation that Matteo surprisingly listens to every word of.

.......

It's an hour later, and we've spent the entire time talking about some of the simple things we like and dislike. I honestly didn't know conversation with him could be so easy and fun. The man, though serious most of the time, has had no problem opening up about some of the more trivial things in his life.