Chapter 3

Wrenley's POV

Finally, after an embarrassing amount of time trying to put this stupid tent up, I figure it out and get settled. My plans for the rest of the night include, spending time with a book and possibly checking if this garden does in fact house magical creatures. It is a castle after all.

The former holds a couple of hours later as I'm about halfway through my reading and sure as heck not planning on stopping any time soon. It may be nearing two in the morning, but 2 o'clock here is probably 10:00 am in LA time. At least, that's what I'm telling myself as an excuse.

As I'm turning another page, I hear what sounds like footsteps that I quickly chalk up to my imagination. I mean, I genuinely enjoy being a daring adventurer by sleeping out here, but I'm just a little nervous about the creatures that could be waiting for me outside of the tent.

Thats when I hear more footsteps, and they seem to be getting a lot closer. Great, so this is how I die. Not in some epic sword battle, but alone in a tent with only the company of written companions.

I look behind me and am met with a huge giant-like shadow. There's a very large figure standing right outside that's looking very imposing.  "Oh my gosh it's Bigfoot," I mutter, feeling convinced in the adrenaline of the moment. Don't freak out! DON'T FREAK OUT!

Ok, I'm freaking out. I'm out here alone in the wilderness of Aurelia and what could quite possibly be Bigfoot is standing outside my tent. I always had a feeling he was real, but at the same time all of those reality tv shows seem a little sketchy. A lot of those pictures and videos could easily be faked.

That's when I hear a rough male voice with a hint of an accent, saying, "Excuse me?"

I quickly back away from that side of the tent. He knows I'm in here!

Wait, did he just talk? I know I'm a bit tired, but I'm quite positive Big Foot can't talk. Maybe it's not him, maybe some crazy fan broke into the castle's walls. Weren't Hannah and Phillip disguising themselves earlier so they could avoid this?

"Listen, I know you're in there and awake. Why don't you just come out and make this easy," his tone is now almost arrogant and annoyed.

Hey buddy, I don't know why you would be upset when you're the one interrupting me? And make what easy? Are we going to have some sort of fight?

Ok, I have two options to choose from right now. Stay in here and wait for for some crazy fan, possibly Bigfoot, to have the advantage of locking me in. Or I go out there and meet him head on, so I have a better chance of escape.

Option two it is.

I try to prepare myself as I begin to unzip the door. Come on Wrenley, with your skills, you could easily be confused with an a FBI Ninja. You can take him.

As I step out of the door, I am met with the darkest brown, almost black eyes, hovering over me. Woah bud, maybe some personal space.

I tilt my head back to see the rest of him, and fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, he's all human. The man is very tall, at least compared to me. He has wavy dark black hair, golden tan skin, an enviable jawline, and lips that are set in some sort of scowl. His body seems to be very muscular and athletically toned, not that I'm checking him out or anything. Then I notice his shirt that has the Aurelia symbol, a uniform. The same uniform I had seen guards wear earlier. So this very real human is a guard. Well, what the heck is his problem, bothering someone at two in the morning?

I look at his face again to find him glaring at me. Me, the one who was reading something I quite liked, might I add, and minding her own business.

Making sure my expression is as blank as possible, I begin to speak, "What can I do for you?And if you could hurry, you're kinda interrupting my reading time".