Chapter 4

Wrenley's POV
"But I don't want to," I whine out in a extremely high pitched and abrasive voice.

Hannah looking amused, responds,  "Look I'm not saying you two have to be best friends but he is like a brother to Phillip. You're going to be seeing a lot more of him."

I'm lying face down in my bed as Hannah tries to reason with me. Unfortunately for her, I'm not feeling very reasonable this morning. Not when I'm still reliving the lovely incident with the head guard.

After Hannah and Phillip showed up, they explained the identity of the opposing person. That was not the revelation I was hoping for. It was followed by Phillip mentioning that it would be best if we all go to bed inside the castle.

I followed Hannah, but not before staring down the man who had ruined my adventurous night. And surprise, surprise he was already scowling back at me. Did his face get stuck with one emotion?

"Hannah! I'm usually a very calm and reasonable person, but that man is just... He insulted my clothes, height, and sanity in his little condescending accent. I don't know how I'm supposed to be nice," I try to explain my point of view.

She looks amused at this point. Rude. "Aren't you an actor, can't you just pretend," she asks.

"I'm not that good," I mumble. She gives me a pointed look that had to be acquired in some sort of princess training.

"Yes I can be... civil, I'll try my best. But if he makes a comment, I can't promise I'll be quiet," I agree. I swear I felt more on edge last night than I did when I went and walked in on Chris. At least he knew when to play nice and apologize. This man was impolite before he even laid eyes on me and kept it going much longer than what was necessary. In fact, I have a feeling the offensive behavior is just getting started.

"Of course, you always have the right to defend yourself," she replies to which I nod reluctantly. "Great, now that it's settled, let's go eat. We've been talking about Matteo for an hour and I'm starting to get a little hangry."

An hour? Pshhh please.

Still that statement finally gets me out of bed and rushing for the door in some decade-old, bunny pajamas. Not my favorite pair, but theres not a lot more comfortable than loose, nostalgic clothing. With the needed fashion support and the faint smell of food fit for royalty, I finally release a certain someone out of my head.

........
Mateo's POV
"Phillip mate, with this coronation, I'm not sure we should be adding the stress of another person at this castle. Especially someone like her," I try convincing Phillip.

"Mateo, her being here isn't causing trouble for anyone except your grumpy arse. You can get over it. She's practically family to Hannah and she's been a good friend to both of us," he replies. I really thought so highly of Hannah but I'm starting to be a bit unsure.

We're walking the halls of the castle to go to breakfast after an early morning meeting. I was hoping it would be the perfect time to get this Wrenley business all cleared up. I have enough to worry about without adding in some crazy woman who frollocks around gardens at midnight. Since being with Hannah, I can usually count on Phillip to be sensible, but right now he just won't listen to me. "She wasn't even here for one day and she's already causing problems," I bite out.

"It sounds like that was as much you as it was her," he gives me a look. That statement is completely ridiculous, I've never had that large of a problem with someone before. Statistically, that would make her the one at fault.

"And besides, I've never seen you riled up like this, and you always deal with people you label as difficult. What is it about her that's got you so touchy," he asks this with a hint of a smile. Why the hell is he smiling?