Chapter 24

Matteo's POV
When we finally make it back to the hotel after dinner, Wrenley's practically bouncing with excitement. We ended up going to this ice cream shop after our meal, and she's been skipping along, innocently licking the cone in her hand, ever since. Of course, my thoughts when watching her lick that cone were far from her innocent intentions. As we walk into the empty elevator, I keep silent as I stare intensely at her beginning to get to the bottom of the cone.

She just smiles, already knowing my look at this point and how it has nothing to do with the food. "Stop looking at me like that, you weirdo. You're going to make me choke," she chastises as she drops her eyes from my own.

"Hmm, I quite remember you and I both liking when that happened," I smirk and revel at her little gasp that follows.

"Matteo,"  she splutters with the white cream almost coming out of her mouth, before swallowing.

I laugh at her reaction, "That imagery also seems familiar."

She gives me the cute little glares that rarely come out, but it quickly wares off, "I want to be mad at you, but I kind of like every time I get to hear you joke. Even if it's at my expense."

My laughter dies down as I give her a genuine smile, "Yah, I like teasing with you sweetheart. You're one of the few people I do it with."

"I know," she confirms softly, finishing her cone. Moving up, she gives me a side hug and puts her head in to my chest. Usually I wouldn't be the biggest fan of side hugs from her, rather going for a real one, but something about this feels comforting. When we walk out of the elevator, we stay side by side, and I have to steer a pushy woman away from our old room. "You missed the door, Matteo," she remarks, still trying to turn back.

"No, I'm going to the right one," I reassure as I get to the suite at the very end.

As I unlock it and open the door, she asks , "How did you open that Matteo? Did I really confuse our rooms?"

She walks in a little ahead of me and she gives a nervous squeal, "Ok, I definitely didn't mix them up. I'm pretty sure I'd remember if we were staying in the red room!"

I'm guessing that she's entered some romantic, red colored room, but as I walk in, that's not what I see.

The bed actually still has the white comforter from before, but the bed posts are different, in the fact that they have have iron circles now at the top. On the side of the room, theres a variety of items hung up for use. Including whips, paddles, blindfolds, and some cuffs.

The champagne bucket is also filled with more than just the bottle this time. The condoms that we saw before are now placed in there, but of course with a more edible variety. Then to join it is a chocolate packet labeled Body Coco. I've never watched the movie of which she's referencing, but I've heard enough to know this probably does look like the red room.

I gulp, hoping I haven't scared her away, "Wrenley, I upgraded our package, wanting to make the room more romantic for you. I didn't know it would be like this."  I wouldn't mind exploring some of these things with her, not at all. It's just not going to happen tonight.

Her mouth which was open much like a fish, now moves closed. Looking back at me, she says, "Matteo are you blushing? This is a bit forward for tonight, but theres no reason to be embarrassed."