Chapter 18

Matteo's POV
As I win again, Wrenley looks at me with the cutest fucking glare I've ever seen. "You have to be cheating Matteo. Either that or you're secretly practicing for these games on your spare time," she tells me, exasperated.

I laugh at the idea of playing any of these games when I'm not forced to by the woman in front of me. "Sweetheart, nobody likes a sore loser," I tell her which only serves to aggravates her more.

"Nobody likes a sore loser," she mocks while handing over another ticket to the worker. Staring back at me, she has a threatening look while commenting, "Come on, we're going again." We continued to do that several more times.

Most of the games we've played tonight have had me winning and Wrenley asking for a "couple" more tries to beat me. Sometimes she finally did, others she didn't, but I've loved both the small pout of her loss and the satisfied grin at finally being victorious. The woman doesn't like losing to me, and I've loved seeing the determination she has to make sure she doesn't.

As we finally step away from the games, Wrenley grabs my hand and starts pulling me towards somewhere. I still can't say I'm a fan of all the crowds of people surrounding us, but it does mean she has to stay close. As I told her, if we aren't holding hands we could easily lose each other in the crowds. She doesn't need to know that it's practically impossible for me to lose track of her, regardless of the people or circumstances.

"Matteo look," she says, pulling me with a little more force as my eyes stay on her form. "How cute are they?"

My face turns to see a bunch of kids piled into a large bouncy castle that is made to look similar to Phillip's real one. A lot of the kids are jumping and crazily running around in there like heathens. They look the exact opposite of cute.

When Wrenley starts pulling us over in that direction, I get a little nervous. I have no interest in being near the ballon death trap or the creatures inside of it.

As we reach the destination, Wrenley looks up to the worker and asks, "Excuse me sir, I was wondering if there was an age limit for the bouncy house?"

Silently hoping that the answer is yes and he sends us away, I'm quite disappointed when he does the opposite. "No you both should be good to go in, just give us two tickets and make sure to take off your shoes."

She hands the tickets over before taking off her shoes like he instructed. When she notices I'm not doing it, she looks over at me and says, "It's ok Matteo you don't have to go in. I'll just be in there for a little bit if you want to go sit over by the parents."

I look over at the parents, who I lack the desire to be around just as much as their kids. Looking at her to find an excuse, I say, "No I'm good with going in, it just might not be the best idea...with your dress." Flashing people seems like a probable enough reason to not do this.

She laughs at me and talks as she begins to make her way forward, "It's fine I have shorts on underneath. I didn't know what type of date I was going to be walking into and I'm not one to be unprepared."

Right before she goes in, she adds on, "It really is fine, I'm not going to force you to go into a bouncy castle. And I'll only be a couple minutes."

With that, she walks in and starts bouncing around. I even see her start to talk to a few of the kids. I think about going over to the parent bench but when I see how big her smile is, I decide I'd like experience that with her.