Chapter 17

Wrenley's POV
Waking up from another great night of sleep, I lift my head up to notice that I actually woke up before Matteo. His face is relaxed in a peaceful expression that he would never hold when he's awake. It's weird how much both the want to pinch his cheeks and the want to draw on a large fake mustache, are calling to me. The latter is all due to the reaction that would surely come as he glanced in the mirror and then back into my all-too-guilty eyes.

Instead of doing either, I rise up a little more, realizing I'm not barred down by his arms like the night before. His hands which were secured around my waist have now moved down to grip the bottom of my butt. I'm wondering if this was purposeful or if he did it in his sleep.

Not wanting to wake him up, but feeling the strong need to use the bathroom, I do my best to wiggle out of his hold. Moving his arms as gently as I can, I do quick roll out of bed that could honestly be counted as a ninja move. After reaching the floor and noticing that thankfully Matteo's still asleep, I quietly rush out of the room.

I'm kind of glad that I wasn't able to sneak out late last night. Matteo's kind of a nice thing to wake up to. Let's just hope he doesn't have a fit that I'm not there when he wakes up.

.......

Sitting down at the breakfast table, I notice Hannah and Phillip are already there and looking over some paperwork.

"Good morning," I chirp, filling up my plate. They both greet me, though Hannah still has some concern left over from the night before.

"How are you after yesterday," she asks, referring to Chris.

"I'm honestly fine," I reassure with a smile. Continuing on I tell her, "Even with all the dramatics, yesterday was umm...really good, so theres no need to worry. How was the rest of the reception?"

Both Phillip and her look a little quizzical with my reply about the day before. It's either due to the awkward way I said it or the smile that grew after I thought of who I spent most of my time with. Not voicing her questions, Hannah just answers my own, "Well once we got the little rat out, it went very well."

A smile grows on her face that rarely makes an appearance. It's one that looks much to mischievous to mean anything good.

"What do you mean by that," I ask, now being the one who has concern.

"I just had a few... words with Chris that's all. Oh, don't look so worried. Phillip made sure I didn't do anything crazy," she tells me. I look at Phillip who nods his head with a smile on his face.

"Ok," I reply dropping the subject. If they had a good night then I don't really care what happened. Chris isn't my problem to deal with anymore and I'm kind of grateful for the person who's always been on my side.

Changing the subject, I point at the papers in Phillips hand and ask, "What are you working on?"

He grimaces as he puts down the papers, "I'm trying to come up with some ideas for a meeting tomorrow. We've been struggling with tourism lately, which is a problem when it's the main way a lot of out country's businesses make their money. Even the coronation didn't have as much travelers as we were hoping."

I'm a little surprised at what Phillip is saying, Aurelia seems like the perfect travel destination. Also from the few things I've posted, many people seem quite interested in the small country.

"Really? I know I've only seen a small part but this place is amazing, it feels like you walked into a storybook. I'm also not the only foreigner who thinks that way," I imply, knowing it's the truth. There's something about being here, besides the head guard they have hired, that makes you feel like there's a sense real life magic going on.