Chapter 23

Matteo's POV
Heading down to the meeting room, I wonder exactly how the interview with the board members is going to go. It's been about a month from that night in the library I had with Wrenley. Like I told her that night, I wasn't super happy with my career and my family had noticed.

The first time it was brought up was on lake day. When I was alone with Phillip and my father, they both pushed me to go for this chair position. Apparently, my father is tired of my life being run by the job of head guard and he's also done with my bad attitude that's brought along with it. Phillip, in nicer terms, said that he thought it would make me happier, and that he trusts the training I did with the other guards enough for me to let go of the reins. They made it clear that if I wanted this job, or to leave security all together, it would be ok with them.

When my mom and I had a similar discussion, I realized that maybe my unhappiness was a bit clearer to others than it was to me. The truth is, I don't think I even realized it until I saw how happy I've been with Wrenley. She makes me want to gain that with the rest of the pieces in my life.

Non surprisingly, she has also been the most helpful with preparing me for today. When she's not working on her social media project, she's helping me or we're just spending time together. Dates and other activities. As much as we can of course, I never realized how time consuming this job was until I had a personal life that I actually cared about. Hopefully that's about to change.

Today, I have to go against the old Security Chair Member, or my ex boss, as well as a few other candidates. My main worry is my disadvantage to my old boss in not knowing the other chair members we'll be interviewing with. I'm also quite aware that I don't have the shiniest of personalities to give off the best first impression. Practicing questions last night, the main critique from my little helper was to smile more. Then, of course, when I gave her my professional smile, it was a quick "Never mind don't do that." Brat.

At least she made up for it this morning with two types of breakfasts in bed. The first being some Mickey Mouse shaped, raw pancakes that she made herself. I would be lying if I called them amazing, but that didn't stop me from eating every inch of them.

Then I ate practically every inch of her, which was in fact, amazing. Even better, was the trust in her eyes as she allowed my face between her legs for the first time.

Slowly but surely, these past few weeks my fingers and tongue have been able to make a map of her body. My cock is still a little jealous, but it can't be doing that bad when it got to find solace in her mouth. I've always prided myself in being slow to the finish line, the way her throat took me so nicely, made quite a hit to that pride.

Looking down at my pants, I realize that maybe this isn't the greatest thinking right before the meeting. With a quick adjustment, I walk into the room and greet them with a very practiced smile. We finally got the right one when Wrenley said something ridiculous to make me laugh, she decided that that was the one I should try to replicate. Apparently, it was pretty and made my eyes sparkle. Looking at all of their faces and imagining her, I try my best to replicate the "pretty smile".

Glancing around, I'm happy to see Phillip and Hannah in the room. However, sadly even as king and queen consort, their votes only count as one. You would think my long time friendship would count for a little to the rest of these officials.

Going to take a seat with the other interviewees, I wait and listen until it's my turn to be questioned. When the current head goes up, he makes some crappy jokes that make some of the other people laugh. Clearly he's comfortable with his fellow colleagues in the room and he's trying to show that off.

When it gets to the end, however, he is asked about some of the security plans he made up this year. The problem is he didn't, he asked me to, and it shows when he's trying to explain the process of creation. Then, once they ask for further improvement in the next years, he gives off a very basic answer that gives me a little hope, regardless of his previous comfortability.