Epilogue

Matteo's POV

"Are you sure she doesn't have any idea," I ask the couple for what's probably the millionth time this morning.

Phillip sighs in exaggeration, but Hannah just gives her ever so patient smile, "I'm sure, Matteo. She would've been questioning me about it if she did."

I take her word and hope she knows her best friend well enough to be right. That Wrenley isn't hidden in the garden somewhere, evilly laughing while we set up this tent.

Tonight is about to be a big event in both of our lives and I would like that fact to stay a surprise to her.

"Besides, she wouldn't ever suspect you'd send Samson to distract her. That right there probably threw her off track of anything you could've had planned for tonight," Phillip adds in, attempting to be helpful.

I roll my eyes at the situation I was forced to be put in. He's right, no one would suspect me of sending Samson to spend time with her. I think Samson's jaw even dropped when he found out his role in today's plans. It eventually closed in annoyance when I gave him rules and expectations he needed to follow, but that initial surprise was still there.

The ding of my phone brings me to see that he's at least following through on one of those rules. His reagular check in on her safety has definitely given me peace of mind. The few pictures he snuck were also a definite plus and a good reminder of why he deserves his new role as head guard.

Checking to make sure that Wrenley still hasn't ran off into nearby woods, I see that his next text is a little different than the rest.

Samson
Your girl and I have reached the castle, boss. I'm about to lead her outside.

"Shite guys, they're here," I panic a bit, looking at the tent and lanterns surrounding us. The olden metal lights surround the tent in a a circle of yellowish gold. They also multitask in providing warmth so that Wrenley isn't freezing to death like the last time we were in a tent. Not that I mind having to warm her up if needed.

Night is also just about on us, with the sun descending over the western part of the forest. Meaning that except for the fact it's not two in the morning, it aligns with Wrenley and I's first meeting. Hopefully, tonight will be a lot less chaotic than the previous time.

"Ok, everything looks ready to go Matteo, we're going to go now," Hannah whispers to make sure the new arrivals won't hear. They have another part in the plans later on tonight, but for this next step, I wanted to be alone with Wrenley.

As my friend gives me a good luck pat on the back, his wife takes his hand, and they head in an opposite direction of the approaching voices.

Moving to stand in front of the tent, I wait for the girl who's voice is slowly starting to fill up the surrounding area.

"I loved that little restaurant, Samson. Thank you for taking me there, I'll have to add some of the photos to the page," Wrenley praises in excitement.

Her page, which has grown over 2 million in the past year, would be a perfect place for the restaurant I had Samson taker her to. The historical and almost supernatural theme is right up her alley, and seems what she likes to capture the most. Though it seems from my time of traveling around Aurelia with her, she gets enthused about experiencing and capturing anywhere.

We've been to over 50 places in the last twelve months, some only a short distance and some a little farther. Wrenley's excitement hasn't lessened once, and it's easily washed off on me as I've explored new parts of my country.