Chap. 3

"Guys! This is Marley!"

"Marley Ryan?" Screamed an Asian, extremely tall and charming guy, "pinch me right now!"

A blond guy with gorgeous blue eyes did so, and the Asian one screamed.

"Dalton! I didn't mean it literally!"

"Sorry, Will, I didn't know." The blue eyed guy answered.

"Guys calm down," a Latin guy said, "Hi gorgeous, I'm Gabe." He said while grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"Dude, you have a girlfriend." Said Dalton while pulling him away.

"I, on the other hand, am single."

"I'm flattered guys, but I don't think I'm into dating right now." I say while removing a lock of hair from my face.

Cole grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me away from them, "Calm down, guys. We don't want to scare her."

"I heard you auditioned with 'Saving All My Love For You'. And that you're the only person whose done it justice since Whitney Houston herself."

"I don't know about that," I said while blushing.

"Oh, it's true. Dana and I heard her from the waiting room." Cole stated.

"Y'all know Dana?"

"Yeah, we all came to audition, we're all friends."

"Oh, you're like a band."

"No, we auditioned separately."

"Cool." I said, taking it all in.

"So, sing us something." Said Gabe.

"Me?" I asked, taken aback.

"Well, I don't wanna hear Cole sing."

I laughed nervously.

"It's okay, Marley." He said while giving me a light hug.

I breathed in deeply.

"Party girls don't get hurt
Can't feel anything, when will I learn
I push it down, push it down

I'm the one "for a good time call"
Phone's blowin' up, they're ringin' my doorbell
I feel the love, feel the love

1, 2, 3 1, 2, 3 drink

Throw 'em back, till I lose count

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier
I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist
Like it doesn't exist
I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry
I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier"

"Damn, the rumors are true." Said Dalton.

"What rumors?" I asked, suddenly self conscience.

"That you're the best singer ever to appear on The Microphone."

"I don't think so, have you heard the others?"

"Not as good as you." Said Dana, suddenly appearing and making me jump, "I see you met the guys."

"Yep." I said while popping the 'p'.

"Are you guys nervous?"

"As hell." Answered Cole.

"Well, I haven't heard you sing, but I'm sure you're good."

"How do you know?" Asked Will.

"'Cause you made it past the first round, everyone who passes the first round at least has a decent voice."

They laughed, I chuckled slightly.

Suddenly, all the contestants ran to a projection that just appeared.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Let's find out." Says Dana while grabbing my hand and running along with the rest of the competitors.

'Contestants: please report to the following section.
-Girls: Room A.
-Boys: Room B.
-Groups: Room C.'

"See you guys. Text me what happens!" I said while starting to walk to Room A.

"We don't have your number!" Screams Will.

"Dana has it!"

I start jogging towards room A and enter.

I sit down in one of the waiting room chairs. Suddenly, a gorgeous girl with stunning blue eyes and long brown hair sits down next to me.

"Hi, I'm Sarah."

"Marley."

"Oh yeah, I saw your audition! You were incredible!"

"Thanks," I said while blushing.

"Will the following girls please come with me to greet the judges: Sarah Rivera, Marley Ryan, Maria Duclaud, Jane Padilla, Cassandra July, and Michelle Jacobs."

Sarah and I stood up and followed the woman. My heart was pounding in my ears. If I made it, I'd be going to the third round in which only ten of each group will continue. If I do go on, I'd be singing an a Capella song.

We entered the stage and formed a straight line. Sarah grabbed my hand. Even though I didn't know her, I squeezed back because I understood her nerves.

"So, the following people are through in this section of this category: Maria Duclaud," a blonde and blue eyed girl cries out of joy and went backstage, "Sarah Rivera," She let go of my hand and hugged me, then ran backstage, "and finally, Marley Ryan!" I screamed out of joy and ran to hug the judges, then backstage. Tears streamed down my face.

I sighed in relief and pulled my hair back in a ponytail.

Out of a sudden, I got a text from Dana:

'We didn't make it through.'

~~~~~~~

Hello!

So, here's a pic of Cole Pendery portraying himself.

What'd you think of this chapter? Did you like how the members of IM5 were introduced? And before you ask, yes, David will be featured too.

Preview: Marley has to sing her A Capella song (and I can't say anything else without spoiling the rest of the chapter! Sorry!)

Unedited.

~A