Chap. 24

I finally changed to my real clothes.

It was grueling and extremely difficult to change with a cast on my left arm, but it was better that wearing that stupid hospital robe.

"You ready?" Asked my mom as she peeked through the room door.

"No." I grumbled, I was still furious with them.

"I know you want to stay, baby. But you need to be home, with your family."

"I have family here."

"Your real family."

"My friends are my family."

"What would you even do here, Marley?"

"I can stay, do some recording, maybe try to contact a label!" I hissed.

"You need to recover."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm leaving behind everyone I love."

"You and Cole can have a long distance relationship." She said, reading my mind.

"No, we can't."

"Because we broke up, Mom! All because he's going to get famous and I'll just be the stupid little girlfriend back in Massachusetts! I don't want that!"

"I know, honey, but-."

Suddenly, two bodyguards knock on the door, and enter my room. Behind them, was Michael Luther, producer of MACD records.

"Marley Ryan, right?" He asked.

I was still too start struck to speak, so I weakly nodded.

"I'm Michael Luther, I saw you on The Microphone. I'm sorry about your accident."

"Y-You saw me on The Microphone?" I asked, stunned.

He nodded, "Best voice I've heard in years. I want to sign you."

My jaw dropped ten feet below the ground. My mom was stunned too.

"You want to sign my daughter?" She squealed, flabbergasted.

"I guarantee she'll be the next big thing, she already has a strong fan base. It'll be easy to get her far."

My mom screamed out of joy and ran to hug me.

"Mom, can I?" I screamed, jumping up and down.

"Of course, honey! Of course!"

"Perfect, we start discussing everything tomorrow, 8 AM, MACD Records. He's my card." He said and started heading out.

He suddenly stopped, "Before I forget, would you like me to look for an apartment for the two of you?"

I looked to Mom with puppy eyes. She knew that this was a huge, once-in-lifetime-opportunity.

"Yes. Thank you." She said, then Mr. Luther left.

I started screaming, jumping up and down.

"Marley! You're still in recovery!"

"Mom, I'm being signed by MACD Records!" I screamed.

"I know, baby! I knew you could do it!"

~*~

"MACD Records?" Asked Dad, over the phone. He was back home in Massachusetts since he'd taken time off of work.

"Yeah, daddy! They want to sign me!"

He sighed, "I'm really proud of you, baby."

I frowned, "You don't sound excited."

"I know, I'm just gonna be missing you and your mama a lot. But I know it'll be worthy because you're going to be the best fucking singer in the entire world!"