Chap. 14

All of the girls were sitting in a circle and Britney Sean was standing in the center.

"Welcome to everyone who made it to the live shows!"

Sarah grabbed my hand, lifted up in the air, and we both cheered as loudly as possible.

"As y'all know, the first round of the live shows is critical. This won't be like the other rounds. You'll have back-up dancers, you'll be in the biggest stage in all of Los Angeles, you'll be in front of a huge, huge crowd. This is going to be a moment you'll never forget."

I gripped Sarah's hand. My heart was pounding in my chest. This was going to be me taking the next step to winning this competition and fulfilling my dream. I breathed in deeply. This was my moment.

"Okay, so you girls are my group. And we're going last, and closing off the show will be Marley."

"Who will be starting our category?" Asked Amanda, clearly wanting the spot. I rolled my eyes.

"Sarah."

I smiled and grabbed my friend's hand. She deserved the starting position. She squeezed back.

Britney dismissed us so we could go pick a song and start learning the words. Sarah and I sat on a couch that was provided in the recording lot's lobby.

"What are you singing?" Sarah asked.

"Ho hey, by the Lumineers." I said with a grin.

"Yes! That song totally suits your voice!"

I smirked, it's one of my favorite songs. I hope I bring it justice.

-------

We were at rehearsal. Sarah just sang and did an amazing job. I was sitting by the middle row and I was taking all of the stage in. It was bigger than my house multiplied by three. Suddenly, Cole sat next to me.

"Hey, pretty face."

I chuckled, "Pretty face?"

"I just point out what I say."

"Are you high?"

He chuckles loudly, "Of course I'm not high."

I laughed.

The producers hushed us. I snickered, trying to control my laughter.

"You, Cole Pendery, are a bad influence."

"Indeed I am."

Suddenly, Dana called Cole. Something about a 'band meeting'. He kissed me on the cheek and then pranced off to Dana.

----------

"That outfit is freaking insane." I told Sarah as she got fitted for her clothes.

We got outfits designed for us based on our song and type of performance.

"It's your turn, Marley." Said Jenny, the designer.

I excitedly stood up and she handed me a hanger with a big bag covering the outfit. I ran to the dressing room and removed a bag.

My mouth felt open. This was way out of my comfort zone. I decided to put on anyways, just to see what it would look like.

I put on the white and blue crop top and the black short skirt. I also grabbed the bracelets they provided and placed them all around my arms. I also put on my white converse. This was so not my look.

I slowly opened the dressing room door. Everyone turned to me and gawked. I instantly felt a hundred percent insecure.

"Marley Ryan!" Screamed Sarah.

"Shush!"

"You look hot!"

"Please," I said as I scoffed, "I look like bloaded whale."

She smacked me in my arm, "You look sexier than a freaking Victoria Secret's model."

"Now you're just making stuff up."

Jenny walked over to me. "It looks perfect, do you like it?"

"I-It's great, I just feel a bit-"

"Freaking sexy?" Asked Sarah, interrupting me.

"I was gonna say exposed."

"Do you want me to cover you up a bit more?" Asked Jenny.

"No, she's fine just like this." Said Sarah as she pulled me away.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Giving Cole the best treat ever."

I playfully pushed him, "You suck."

---------

IM5 were on stage right now, singing 'I Want Crazy' by Hunter Hayes. They were killing it, which (as always) made me ten times more nervous. And besides, I really didn't want Cole to look at me in this outfit.

I was looking at them through the flat screen provided in the waiting room. Cole looked as cute as ever. And I looked like a skank in a street corner.

When they finished, everyone clapped and I smiled. IM5 was seriously going to get far. Suddenly, someone hugged me from behind. I looked up and saw Cole.

He kissed my cheek. I noticed that every Dana and Gabe wouldn't stop staring at me. I felt really uncomfortable.

"Eyes off, perverts." Said Cole.

"Well look at her, and see for yourself."

Cole separated himself from me and stared at me. He literally wouldn't take his eyes from me. After a while, it got awkward.

"Eyes off, pervert." I said with a cheeky grin.

He chuckled and hugged me again.

--------

After a few more singers passed, it was finally the end of the show, which meant it was my turn. I breathed in deeply. Cole hugged me and wished me good luck.

I walked towards the stage and breathed in deeply.

I grabbed my mic and went to the stage.

The dancers circled me and the music started. I breathed in deeply and sang.

'I've been trying to do it right

I've been living a lonely life

I've been sleeping instead

I've been sleeping in my bed

Sleeping in my bed'

I followed the dancers, and started enjoying myself.

'I belong with you

You belong with me

You're my sweetheart

I belong with you

You belong with me

You're my sweet.'

-----------

Hey guys!

So, I've been feeling inspired so I decided I'd update again.

Here's a picture of what Marley's outfit for the performance.

Preview: Eliminations.

Unedited.

-A