Meeting New Cookies

Custard's POV
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! SKEDADDLE!" I said while trying not to hit these wild Cakes, oh...why didn't I listen to Red Velvet when he was giving me advice on how to tame cakes?! I'll never be king if I can't even listen to my own brother! "Hey!" I heard a voice from behind, they rushed to my side and knocked back the Cakes. They fled in the opposite direction. "Are you okay?" The Cookie asked. He was a...gingerbread man? With Goggles on his head (I like the Goggles ok?) and he wore a jacket.
"Yeah! I'm ok, thanks for saving me!" I replied. He gave me nod and a sigh of relief. "Gingerbrave!" A voice from behind startled both me and (apparently) Gingebrave, I think that's their name?

"Don't run off like that!" A Cookie who wore a hoodie that seemed to be covering their whole fave apart from their eyes and holding a bag. "We were so worried!" The Cookie spoke. They hugged Gingerbrave worriedly as I stood awkwardly.

"Sorry, Strawberry Cookie, I heard a scream and I went to see who was in trouble! Turns out I found them!" Gingerbrave said as he pointed towards me. 'Strawberry Cookie' turned around and took notice of me. I waved, I've never interacted with other Cookies before...I usually just talk to Licorice Cookie and Milk Cookie...any other Cookie or Common Cookies, I have never met...

"Erm...sorry, I didn't catch your name." Gingerbrave said. I became startled for a bit, but cleared my throat later on. "I am Custard Vanilla Cookie! Prince of the Crimson Kingdom!" I announced. "Your a prince?" Strawberry Cookie asked. "Well...yes..." I replied. I actually said that proudly, and with no shame! Ohmygoshwhatiftheythinksolowlyofme?!!?! "Ah! There you both are..." I heard another voice, it was another Cookie, dressed as a Wizard. "Oh, and who might you be?" The Cookie spoke. Before I was about to speak. "No way!" Another Cookie appeared. They looked uhm...like a...Chili Pepper? "Prince Custard?!" Huh? She knows me? "You know him, Chili Pepper Cookie?" Gingerbrave said enthusiastically. "Why yeah I do! He's one of the Princes of the Crimson Kingdom! The one ruled by uhm...what's your father's name?" She asked. You know the Prince but not the King? Geez... "Pure Vanilla...though he'd rather not be called that from someone other than my brother, Dark Choco Cookie." I replied.

"Yeah,him! And best, tons of Cookies go there for help after they've lost their homes!" They remarked. I chuckled. Guess my kingdom is more famous than I thought! I thought Dad said that most Cookies avoid the kingdom. "Hey! These guys are looking for somewhere to crash! Mind if we tag along to your kingdom? Wait...why is the prince of the Crimson Kingdom here anyway?" They asked. I gulped.

"W-well...ahem...I'm sorry, I really wish I could bring you back home, but....I am currently on a mission to find the... "Ovenbreak" Cookies." I replied, I would really like to help, really! It's just that, I somewhat am bad at direction and...possibly Dad would get angry and...

possibly Dad would get angry and

Probably look like that...

"The Ovenbreak Cookies? You mean us?" Gingrbrave asked. I blinked in confusion and thought...

....

....

"YOU GUYS ARE THE OVENBREAK COOKIES?!" I spoke. They all nodded in replied, (except about who I assume is Chili Pepper Cookie) "wait really? Really, really?? No tricks, no alternative plans, no yada???" I asked. They all nodded. "Why would you think that?" Wizard Cookie asked. "Well, you just asked to have access to the Vanilla kingdom..." I pointed out. They seemed to get the point.

"So...I guess, I'll have to take you back to the Crimson Kingdom! I have a map to the way back, it's far but I think we can make it!" I remarked. "Then let's get going then!" Gingerbrave exclaimed, holding that candy cane staff like an adventurer. "Oh right, I forgot to introduce us..." he spoke.

"I'm Gingerbrave, This is Strawberry Cookie, Wizard Cookie and Chili Pepper Cookie!" He remarks. I bow in respect. "Pleasure to meet you all, fellow Cookies!"

"Now we must go onward!" I said with sheer might.

———————————————————————

Pure Vanilla sat quietly in the middle of the Memorial Room

Pure Vanilla sat quietly in the middle of the Memorial Room...silently...
The room is filled with momentous of the previous fallen five heroes...

Licorice Cookie enters the room...

"Your highness? We have news from the St. Pastry Order..." Licorice spoke gently, he knew not to anger the king when inside this room...

Pure Vanilla sighed, but remained in place. "Close the door..." he ordered, Licorice nodded as he proceeded with the command. "What do they want?" He asked, his voice gentle than the one he used when speaking to Custard. "They heard about Custard quote-unquote, 'fleeing' the castle...and...wants to destroy the kingdom for your... 'neglect.'" Licorice spoke, Pure Vanilla sighed.

The rumors,claims and accusations from the Order were getting worse and worse by day...first is about his corruption, next a twisted and remodeled story on how he killed his own friends and now this...why did that Reverend Mother had to be deceived? What was so special about her that the order couldn't find anyone else?
Poor Child...believing her cult to be a remorseful and justified religion...

Pure Vanilla cared not about what Cookies believed were 'gods' or 'Almighty' but if that obsession turned into a Cult where one had to sacrifice the lives of others in order to please their gods...then that's a problem...

"Tell Milk Cookie to heighten the security...and to look out for Custard ATTENTIVELY when he gets home..." Pure Vanilla commanded. "Of course, your highness..." Licorice replied to the command, he then proceeded to leave the room...till...

"Oh...yes, uhm...Your sons have returned from their trip early, they have said that you forgot to mention who the Ovenbreak Cookies were and were a bit concerned..." Licorice reported. "Tell them I'm not here...and besides, Custard will find out...if he was anything like me..." Pure Vanilla replied. Licorice simply bowed and left the room, closing the door...

"Tell me good friends...

Am I doing the right thing?"

Authors note: The art took so long...
Hghhehdhehsheika
Anyway, about the religious thing, if you played the Tower of Sweet Chaos, you'll know what I mean...

Still I don't agree with what the Order is doing...
Which is why I placed that statement with PV there...