The Kingdom's Founding Celebration p4

3rd POV

"Phew! Thought we wouldn't find a gift and we'd come to dad empty-handed!" Custard remarked holding a box that was sure to have a gift for Dark Vanilla Cookie. "I'm not sure he'll like mine..." Dark Choco spoke unconfident. "Hey, he'll like it, he's...ahem...Pure Vanilla Cookie...after all." Red Velvet spoke his name hesitantly, which caught Gingerbrave's attention. "Why don't you call Dark Vanilla Cookie, Pure Vanilla Cookie anymore?" Gingerbrave asked Custard whispering. "He doesn't like it...that's all I know..." Custard whispered back, he really didn't know why his father renamed himself...perhaps because he thinks lowly of himself? Or does it remind him too much of a time with his friends? Custard does know that he misses them...a lot...he sees him a lot in the Room of Memories, which used to be the Solarium of Unity...perhaps the gift will cheer him up?

"What's going on over there?" Red Velvet asked, concerned, there was a crowd gathering over and whispers of shock forming, they went to check it out, gaining suspicion...until...

"The king's wearing his old robes!" A Citizen cried

"The king's wearing his old robes!" A Citizen cried. "Albeit it's missing a few key details, but nonetheless it's his old robes!" Mont Blanc Cookie spouted. "Dad?" Red Velvet asked confused, but surprised, he's never worn this in a long time! "Well, I'll be, I thought you'd give up those old robes a long time ago!" Dark Choco chuckled. "I didn't have anything for the occasion, I've never seen the kingdom from the outside." Dark Vanilla spoke walking towards them as the crowd cleared, still with people side-eying them. "Does it...look ok?" Dark Vanilla asked nervously. "You look great Dad! Here! We bought you some gifts!" Custard exclaimed holding out the box for Dark Vanilla to open. Dark Vanilla hesitantly took the box and opened it...

It was a memory book...

"For new memories!" Custard spoke, remembering that even though Dark Enchantress she has been rumored having being revived...is it really worth it not to make memories before that happens? "Here, PV, I got this for you, it's a thank you for, you know, taking me in when things got rough..." Dark Choco spoke giving him a present too, it was a star clip, something he adored in the past... "Me too, here." Red Velvet spoke giving the pin he had on his hand. Dark Vanilla was speechless...

And he wasn't able to give gifts for them in return...

Much less think he would get gifts...

"I...th-thanks..." Dark Vanilla spoke flustered, he hasn't gotten a gifts in...a long...long time...he felt as though he didn't deserve it...now his...3 or 2? Sons have come and given him gifts...he feels bad. "I should've brought gifts for you..." Dark Vanilla remarked feeling bad. "Wh-no Dad! It's fine! Besides, Custard's birthday's coming up, you can think of a gift then!" Red Velvet remarked, trying to cheer Dark Vanilla up, considering his low-esteem and survivors guilt. Dark Vanilla's eyes gleamed a bit but nodded...now He felt competitive...maybe he could find a good gift for Custard then...

"Well then, I must leave...I have personal things to do with a few friends..." Licorice spoke somehow having a stopwatch. "You have friends?" Dark Choco Cookie asked as he heard a grunt of pain...Licorice cleared his throat. "Well, unlike YOU I have a social life, thank you very much!" Licorice huffed as he walked away, the others chuckled as he did. "Come on dad! Let's have some fun!" Custard yelled grabbing his father's hand. Dark Vanilla was caught off guard on how Custard was able to pull him this quick...had he gone lighter or was Custard just crazy strong? "Hey! Wait up!" Red Velvet yelled tagging behind them as Dark Choco chuckled. "Y'know, Pure Vanilla was always that light with cookies." Dark Choco remarked as the trio looked at him. "Why are you the only one who still calls him Pure Vanilla?" Gingerbrave asked still confused. "Well...cause...It suits him..." Dark Choco spoke as he began to tag along his brothers.