Pilgrim's Path

3rd POV
As the five Cookies set up camp for the night, Custard holds a map in front of a lantern, before Chili Pepper Cookie ignites a fire.
Custard carefully observes the map, constantly remembering that without a guide of anything, his sense of direction is bad.
But he sighs in relief when he finds out they're on the right path.

"Thank goodness, We're on the right path, we just have to cross that dessert over there." Custard mentions as they all sighed. "It's been a long day..." Gingerbrave remarks.
"But we're glad we're on the right track!"

They all sat on the fire as the heat of the flames warmed them up...

"Hey, Prince Custard Cookie? Say, I've been meaning to ask...why does your father want an audience with us anyways?" Wizard Cookie asked. "Well...I guess he didn't really tell me, but then again, you guys aren't even FROM Earthbread...not like you know your way around here." Custard Cookie replied. "To be honest, he sent me here because it was my mission, maybe guiding Cookies are one step to being king?"

"Being King? I thought you were the youngest?" Chili Pepper asked confused. "Yeah but, my two brothers already are building kingdoms of their own, They also aren't biologically related to Dad as well...Dad just took them in and when they got older, they decided to choose a different path, one that's not being leaders of the Crimson Kingdom..." Custard replied...though he has thought about that insecurity, his brothers had reassured him that they won't be too far...

Custard could say that he kinda thinks his older brothers are as cool as his father!

"So not only are you the Prince of the Crimson Kingdom, you're the rightful heir to the throne? Gee...that must be hard." Strawberry Cookie remarks feeling pitiful. "Yeah...but don't worry! It'll just be in a few years! I still have a long way to go before I am King!" Custard says confidently, Gingerbrave and Strawberry Cookie chuckled at his confidence.

"So, where are we passing by next?" Gingerbrave asked.
"We just got to pass through Pilgrim's path...then we'll be at the Crimson Kingdom Gates..." Custard replied.

"Alright! Let's get some rest everybody! We got a big day tomorrow!" Gingerbrave announced. They all nodded in agreement.

In a few minutes the crew was asleep under the stars, ready for the day ahead...
———————————————————————

The gang walk across the sandy paths of the Pilgrims' until they reached a small town.

"We should try and gather supplies along the way, don't want to run out later on..." Strawberry remarks. "Oh...well ok" Custard says nervously but knew it was wise. Strawberry Cookie goes to the stands and buys a few Jellies and fruits for them to eat along the way...The rest have split up to find drinks and sleeping bags. "Hey, you looked real nervous back there, what's up?" Gingerbrave asked concerned.

"We must be wary around these parts Sir Gingerbrave...truth is, from where Chili Pepper Cookie is from, it's one of the only places that don't despise my kingdom..." Custard remarks. Gingerbrave looked at him confused. "But, don't Cookies come there to seek refuge? Why would people despise it?" Gingerbrave questioned before Custard stops in his tracks, he looks around and hides him and Gingerbrave in an alleyway...

"The St. Pastry Order..." Custard spoke, looking more serious. "My father...has had a rather...unsatisfactory encounter with the one in charge, Reverend Mother Pastry Cookie..."

"Our Kingdom is where many Cookies go to for safety against the Cake Beasts, because my brother has the ability to communicate and tame them...letting the Cakes be allies than foes...though...the leader of the St. Pastry Order...does not agree with that system..." Custard explained, looking more sorrowful...

"You see, the St. Pastry Order...does not know the truth of the Witches and believes them to be gods..." Custard explains, but by that phrase, Gingerbrave suddenly makes sense of it. He nods in understanding. "So they told others about...that our kingdom was nothing of darkness... "corruption" Custard saddens but quickly snaps out of it.

"So, be careful ok?" Custard spoke. Gingerbrave then puts his hand on his shoulder. "Alright, we'll be careful!" He spoke. Reassuring Custard as he sighs in relief. "There you are! Why do you keep running off?" Wizard says in annoyance as he startles both Custard and Gingerbrave. "Come, we were waiting for you!" He says motioning them to come over.
———————————————————————
They meet up with the rest and venture out, Custard feels as if though they are being watched.

"Gingerbrave...we have to take a detour near the canyons...I have a bad feeling here..." Custard whispers. Gingerbrave nods, he tells the gang what Custard had just told them...

Meanwhile a shadow lurks from one of the market stalls and scoffs...
They knew that they couldn't follow them towards the Canyon...and they knew they couldn't try to fool the Crimson Prince...
———————————————————————

Alone at the darkest building

Lies a church with sacred writings of ancient gods and holy forks.
In the middle of the room, near the stand, knelt the Reverend Mother...praying to these gods with all her heart...
Then came in a nun, dressed in a similar fashion, but all black...she went by the name...

"Shadow Sister Cookie"

"I have news for you Reverend Mother Pastry..." spoke Shadow Sister in a quiet, but calm voice. "The Prince of Darkness has trespassed into the lands of the Pilgrims Path...with the Overnbreak Cookies..."

The Cookie dressed in white jerked her head to turn towards the Cookie in black. Her eyes widened in shock. "The Ovenbreak Cookies? The ones who made contacts with the gods?" She spoke, her voice clear and strict...
Shadow Sister only nodded. "They are headed through the Canyon's not sure how that would lead to the Crimson Kingdom..." She spoke.

"He was wary...he took a detour...there's another way to reach the gates...which Prince of Darkness was sent?" She asked strict...

"The youngest..." Shadow Sister replied...Pastry's eyes widened. "You're sure? His heir? That youngest?" She asked only to earn a nod from the other.

"He's already testing him for leadership...that Prince is just as corrupt as his father!..." Pastry remarks in anger...

"Should I handle them, Reverend Mother Pastry?" Shadow Sister asked, waiting for her command...
"No...I'll handle this..."

"In order to destroy the corruption's core...we must weaken him with blind rage..."

"One must destroy a true part of him in order to defeat him..."