12

~Katya's POV~

"Where's your boyfriend? I'm surprised he's not glued to your side." I heard Onyx's familiar voice ask me when I was sitting on my mat in yoga class the next day, causing me to frown and furrow my brows.

I glanced up at him. "Boyfriend?" I echoed incredulously, scoffing. "I knew you were stupid, but now you're just being straight up delusional." I said, rolling my eyes as I spread my legs out before me on the mat. "Saul might as well be your boyfriend. With an attitude like yours, he's probably the only one you'll get." He retorted, and I decided that he wasn't worth a response with that one. Instead I leaned forward, my forehead brushing the mat as I stretched so my fingers pushed past my feet, and held the stretch for a few seconds.

Behind me, Onyx cleared his throat obnoxiously loud and I sighed, sitting up straight to glance up at him with my eyebrows raised expectantly. "Do you need something, Onyx?" I asked, not bothering to hide my annoyance. I hadn't even said so much as a word to him today, and yet here he was as I was trying to do some simple stretches in peace, trying to get under my skin yet again. This man was infuriating, and if I weren't so tired today then maybe I'd have given him a run for his money, but I'd only slept two hours last night due to a pileup of homework and I couldn't be bothered to deal with him right now.

Onyx glared at me and crossed his muscular arms over his chest, the action making his large biceps bulge. The fabric of his shirt looked like it was about to split around his arms, sleeves rolling up a little as they were incapable of stretching around the muscles. I clenched my jaw and narrowed my eyes, trying to keep my eyes from wandering below his waist. Although I certainly had no intentions of ever telling him so, I couldn't help how attractive I found him, and that just annoyed me because he was such an asshole that he didn't deserve to be so damn hot.

"I don't need anything from you, but I think you need a new partner since yours seems to be gone." He retorted, raising a brow at me. With a scoff and a roll of my eyes, I shook my head and leaned forward again, stretching my fingers down to grab my left foot. "Thanks, but you're literally the last person I'd ever take as a partner, in case you didn't notice." I told him flatly.

A low growl left his lips, probably pretty fed up with my constant backtalk, and I gasped when he crouched down beside me so close that his fingers brushed my arm. I jerked away in surprise, turning my head to look at him with a scowl. "Too close!" I snapped, which just made his mouth twitch up into an amused smirk. He sat down beside me and I gave him an irritated look. "Don't you have someone else to go annoy today?" I asked, straightening up. He cocked up a brow, pretending to think. "No, just you." He said, smirking when I rolled my eyes and began to stretch again, trying my best to ignore him.

For a bit he, thankfully, didn't say anything, but then he ruined it by opening his mouth like he always seemed to. "Do you actually enjoy yoga?" He questioned, a doubtful tone to his gravelly voice. "It's so fucking bland and boring." He grumbled, pausing for a second as a thoughtful look crossed his face. Then, his full lips twitched into a smirk. "Ah, that's probably why you like it, actually, so never mind." He hummed.

"Oh, my god." I groaned, irritated by his constant talking and the need he seemed to feel to start shit with me. I gave him a deathly glare and clenched my jaw, roughly grabbing him by the front of his tight shirt. He grunted in surprise when I fisted the fabric and shook him as hard as I could, wishing he wasn't built as sturdy as a fucking brick wall. "You are going to drive me insane if you don't shut the hell up in five seconds." I hissed. His hazel eyes flicked down to where my hands fisted his shirt and he raised a brow, glancing back into my eyes again. "Seems like someone's in a pissy mood, but what's new, hm?" He asked, a chuckle leaving his lips.

"Says you." I scoffed, releasing my hold on his shirt with a shove that did nothing to push him away. I turned away, scowling down at the floor as I crossed my arms over my chest. "You're like the king of douchebags, so I don't want to hear it from you, of all people." I grunted.

To my surprise, he laughed, this one not of malice or mockery but actual amusement. It caught me off guard, making me narrow my eyes at him in suspicion. "Fair point." He agreed with me, smirking when he saw the look on my face. "Though I wonder what that makes you then, kitty." He said. I just pursed my lips and looked away, moving myself into a new position to form a new yoga pose. My lower back popped as I did so, pushing my hips into the mat and stretching my spine up with my palms flat before me. The pop felt nice, causing a sigh of relief to leave my lips at the sensation.

And because it's Onyx, he moved with me, not bothering to do the stretches but rather just sitting behind me like we were friends. Of course, though, we weren't, so I was well aware that he was just enjoying the fact that he was grating on my nerves, even if I was trying to hide it.

Eventually, however, Ms. Massey noticed that Onyx wasn't doing anything but sitting around, and she yelled his name loudly. He glanced over at her and I hid a smirk as she began to chew him a new one, warning him about acting like he didn't have to do anything just because he wasn't supposed to be in this class in the first place. "You either participate, or you can spend the rest of the week running for the entire class." Ms. Massey told him with a glare. I couldn't help but to let out a giggle, which I thought was quiet, but I knew it wasn't when her eyes snapped to me.

Ms. Massey cocked up a brow. "Oh, you think it's funny, Ms. Volkov? Since you find the situation so amusing, why don't you pair up with Mr. Stone for the remainder of the week?" She said, staring me in the eye. I looked down, my face burning in embarrassment as I gave a weak nod of the head. "Sorry, ma'am." I responded softly. Onyx let out a low, mocking chuckle that was more sexy than I cared to admit. "Shut up." I grumbled to him, scowling as I nudged him roughly with my elbow.

He only smirked, running a hand through his soft looking hair. "The funny thing about karma, kitty, is that it's probably the only thing that's a bigger dick than I am, hm?"