38

~Onyx's POV~

Katya and I laid in bed together on Saturday night, her curvy body pressed up against my larger, more muscular one. She was fast asleep, head buried in my shirt with our legs entangled.

It was nearing one in the morning and I knew I needed to sleep, but it had either been incredibly easy or astoundingly difficult for me to fall asleep since being here with her. This past week had flown by and I would admit that I didn't want it to end. I almost didn't even want our friends to come back tomorrow, because that meant I'd have to leave and I'd have to share her company with other people.

I sighed to myself and rolled onto my back beside her, abandoning the hold I'd had on her. It seemed that, even in her sleep, she'd sensed me moving away because she scooted closer again, wrapping her long arms around me. Her fingers curled into the fabric of my shirt and I bit down on my bottom lip, glancing down at her as she cuddled herself back up to my side once more, as if she didn't want to leave. I'd never been the type of man to cuddle, but I found myself not minding it very much when it was with Katya, at least as of lately. If anything, it made me feel content and relaxed.

My eyes focused on her sleeping face and I found myself hesitating slightly before I wrapped my arm around the curve of her waist, pulling her a little closer just to see what it'd feel like. I'd never had feelings like this before, even when I had hated her and all her sass, the backtalk, but this was different. She felt right, being in my arms, and I felt right keeping her there.

The realization of this, these feelings and what they meant for me, had my heartbeat tripling in speed. I couldn't take my eyes off of her features as I realized that I had gone and fallen in love with this girl, with her sassy mouth and her bold yet gentle personality. How had it taken me so long to realize this? What was I to do now?

Tightening my arm around her absentmindedly, I must've gripped her a little too tight because her eyes fluttered open sleepily, letting me see the soft blue-green color of them. "Onyx?" She mumbled, sounding rather confused. Her gaze landed on my face and I assumed the look on my face must've been quite something because she blinked, peering up at me with concern. "Is everything okay? You look a little....out of it." She said softly, a frown on her full lips. Though I did feel rather unusual, struck by my newly realized feelings, I simply gave her a light shake of my head.

"I'm fine." I assured her in a low murmur, loosening my arm around her so it wasn't gripping her so tightly. "You should go back to sleep." I advised, but she frowned at me and her arched brows furrowed. "Have you slept at all yet, Onyx?" She responded, her voice soft and airy. I could hear the note of sleepiness within her voice still, making her sound cute.

"Mm, no, not really." I admitted with a shrug, which only earned me a narrow eyed glare from her. "Then you're not one to talk about whether I should go back to sleep." She told me, causing my lips to twitch up in amusement at her sassy attitude, coming through even so soon after waking up. "Someone's feisty." I teased with a low, fond chuckle. I loved that sass, that attitude, and I could hardly hide it.

Katya gently trailed her fingers over my bicep and propped her head up on my chest, not seeming as amused as I. "Are you uncomfortable here, with me? I imagine you're probably not used to the cuddling and stuff." She said, biting gently onto her pouty bottom lip. I paused, shaking my head. "I'm definitely not used to it, but I'm not uncomfortable, surprisingly enough. I actually....I like this." I admitted in a mutter, causing her to blink up at me in surprise, a cute tint of pink filling her cheeks.

"O-Oh." She whispered, my eyes flicking down to her mouth when her tongue flicked out to wet her lips. "Me, too." She agreed in a gentle voice, as if hesitant to let the words out for me to hear. I could see that pretty sparkle in her eyes, letting me know she was happy and content here in my arms, just as content as I was to have her there.

She suddenly sat up, straddling my lap, and I peered up at her in surprise. My dick immediately began to react and I grasped at her wide hips, clenching my jaw as I saw the way the bottom of her slip dress had hitched up, exposing her soft, full thighs. "Kitty..." I trailed off and groaned when she grinded herself down against my crotch, pushing her small, warm hands beneath my shirt. Her long, soft red hair fell down her back and over her chest, looking like waves of gentle fire surrounding her pale frame, even in the dim lighting. "What?" She breathed, rocking against me.

It was clear that she wanted me, I could tell just from the way her fingertips trailed over the muscles in my abdomen, and I wanted her just as much. Hell, perhaps even more. Yet even so, I grabbed her hands when she went to grab my boxers to pull them off, stopping her.

Her eyes flicked up to me, full of surprise, and a confused furrow formed between her brows when I gently shook my head. "I-I can't." I told her in a murmur, watching as the confusion on her face tripled. For a moment she just looked at me, silently asking me why. "We should stop this, Katya." I said, the confusion in her eyes quickly being replaced with hurt. "Is something wrong...?" She asked softly, pulling away from me.

I sat up when she climbed off my lap, a flush to her cheeks that hinted at her embarrassment. "This isn't fun anymore. I don't want to keep fucking you." I said, intending on explaining a little more as to how I was feeling, but I knew I'd already fucked up my explanation when she flinched at my words. She quickly shook her head and looked away from me, seeming all sorts of embarrassed as she stared down at the blankets. "Please, don't. I...I don't know if I can handle hearing anything more." She whispered, rubbing gently at her right forearm. It was clear that she'd taken my words the complete wrong way, not that I could blame her. I wasn't the type of person that was good at articulating my thoughts.

"If you want to stop, then that's fine. This was just sex anyways, right?" She said in a soft voice, but I could hear the hurt lying within her tone despite her words. I paused, frowning. "Yeah." I muttered. "It was." I agreed reluctantly, hesitantly nodding my head.

And, sure, it had been just sex at first, but what was I supposed to do now? I didn't want just sex with her now; I wanted more. For the first time, I wanted to keep her, to love her.