22

~Katya's POV~

I stretched my arms over my head as I got out of Saki's car with her, Zena, Yosef, and Ichiro, my body cramped from sitting so much today. My back popped with the stretch and I sighed in relief as I stood in the driveway of Onyx's house, slinging my backpack over my shoulder before I shut the door to Saki's car.

"Hurry up." Zena insisted, grabbing my wrist to try to tug me with them towards the house. I huffed, brushing my hair out of my face when a gust of wind blew some of the fiery strands into my face, almost getting it in my mouth. "You're so impatient, Z." I said with a chuckle, but I quickly followed after them all nonetheless. As I almost always was, I was the last to pile into Onyx's house, finding that everyone else had already sat at the couch where we usually did when we hung out here. I locked the front door and wandered over to everyone else, plopping down in the available spot between Onyx and Yosef.

The second I sat down Onyx had a large, muscular arm slung over the back of my shoulders, causing me to blink and glance up at him in surprise. I sent him a narrow eyed look and his lips just twitched up into a smirk in response, making it pretty obvious that he was trying to get on my nerves by doing that. Not wanting to give him the satisfaction, I merely rolled my eyes and glanced over at Zena, who was babbling to Yosef and Ichiro. She seemed excited about something, judging by the bright sparkle in her eyes.

"Do you want to come, Kat?" Saki spoke up from the opposite side of the couch, poking her head out to look at me around everyone. I did the same, my brows furrowed in confusion. "Come? Come where?" I asked, unsure what she was talking about. I must've missed something in the distraction that was Onyx.

Zena giggled and glanced at me as well, picking up on the conversation between Saki and I. "We were talking about going to see a movie together on Friday night, since everyone's free then. Are you coming?" She elaborated so Saki didn't have to, cocking up a dark brow in question. I hummed in thought, biting on my bottom lip as I considered it. "Hmm..." I murmured. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt. I haven't been to see a movie in a long time, anyway." I decided, giving them a friendly smile. Zena beamed, evidently excited that I'd agreed to go with everyone, and went back to talking animatedly with Ichiro and Yosef.

Beside me, Onyx tightened his arm around me and I huffed, tilting my head back to glare up at him in annoyance. "You know, for someone who hates me, you sure like to touch me and try to get my attention." I told him in a low murmur for only him to hear, nudging his leg with mine. He scowled and I smiled victoriously, well aware that he didn't like me saying that but I didn't care. It was true, after all. "Yeah? That's funny coming from you." He snorted, causing me to cock up a singular brow, confused. "What?" I asked, genuinely lost.

He ducked his head down, speaking in a low murmur in my ear that had me trying to subtly squeeze my thighs together. "Don't pretend like you forgot. We both know I don't want your attention, kitty, I want what's between your legs. Just like you want what's between mine."

My lips parted and I heaved out a soft breath, clenching my jaw as I pulled away just enough to look into his hazel eyes. They were as dark as ever, a cool, unphased look on his handsome face. "No? You don't want my attention, not even a little?" I asked, cocking my head to the side slightly. He snorted, a smirk growing on his lips that told me he thought I was fucking ridiculous to even ask him that. "Not even if you and I were the last ones on earth." He said. It was obviously meant to be an insult, but I just laughed, an amused smile on my face that made his eyes flash with surprise. Maybe he'd expected me to be hurt, but I just found it funny. I took it as a challenge.

"Right." I grinned. "How stupid." I said, rolling my eyes as I turned away from him. For the rest of the night, I didn't say a word to him while I made conversation with everyone else. I didn't even react when his hands would move to try to pull me closer, because why would I?

After all, he didn't want my attention, so then I wouldn't give it to him.

**

I didn't speak to or see Onyx again until Friday, when all of us were supposed to go see a movie together at the theater. After I got back to my apartment once I took the bus back home, I took a quick power nap and then woke up a little after seven PM so I could shower again.

When I hopped into the shower, I sighed in relief at the hot water raining down over me and tilted my head back, letting my eyes flutter shut in content. There were few things better than taking a hot shower, I was sure. Still, I didn't allow myself to stay in for too long since I still needed to get ready to go.

Wrapped in a towel, I exited the bathroom after my shower and quickly picked out a pair of undergarments to put on, heading into the restroom to blow dry my hair before I did anything else. It wasn't necessarily cold during the day here being as it was only the beginning of November, but when it got dark, it began to feel a little bit cooler so I didn't want to go out with damp hair and be cold.

Once my hair was dry, I returned to my room and sat down at my vanity to quickly put on the tiny bit of makeup that I usually wore, which only took me about ten minutes to do. I set my towel in the laundry basket for my dirty clothes that I needed to wash later tonight and wandered into my closet, searching for an outfit. Not in the mood to wear pants tonight, I instead grabbed a white, high-waisted skirt made of a soft fabric and pulled it up, snatching the matching sweater off the hanger. It was a cropped, white sweater that said 'Lil baby' across the front in a red font, so I decided to slip on a pair of white high-top converse with bright red laces to match a little.

Zena picked me up in her fancy looking car and gave me a wide grin as I slid into the passenger's seat, buckling the seatbelt with a friendly smile her way. "You ready to go?" She chirped, barely waiting for me to nod before she zoomed off down the street, the sudden speed of her car making me clutch to the console between our seats.

She pulled to a stop in one of the parking lots of the movie theater in what seemed like less than five minutes, my fiery red hair falling into my face from the wind that had blown in through her open window. I heaved out a breath once the car was off, practically scrambling out of the car so as to not be in it any more. "You drive like a psycho, Z." I told her through a sigh, combing my fingers through my hair to fix it. Clicking a button on her keys to lock the doors, she just laughed and shrugged her dainty shoulders, grinning as wide as the Cheshire Cat.

Smiling in amusement, I walked with her up to the front of the building, where I spotted our group of friends waiting for us. They moved over to the line to get our tickets once she and I joined them and I patiently waited at the back of the group, fiddling with the sleeves of my sweater. As I stood there, a warm body and the familiar scent of peppermint emitting from behind me, and I pursed my lips. I knew who it was immediately, but I didn't say anything nor did I pay him any attention.

But even so, that didn't seem to stop Onyx's gaze from intently peering at the back of my head.