29

~Katya's POV~

I sat in my room the next day, having decided to spend my Saturday relaxing at home despite the fact that Zena and Saki had both invited me to come hang out with the entire group, though I'd declined. We all got together pretty often, anyways, and I was feeling rather lazy today and sometimes needed some alone time. There'd always be another time to go.

As I was curled up in my blankets, looking through Netflix for something to watch, I heard the sound of a few knocks coming from my front door. I put down my remote and frowned as I slid out of bed, wondering who dared to come disturb me while I was trying to have some me time right now. Dressed in a comfy pair of grey sweatpants and a grey crop top that had a printed picture on the front of it of a woman's mouth, I padded down the hallway on my bare feet to answer the door.

Not wanting to just swing open the door without knowing who was on the other side, I pushed up on my toes and peered through the peep hole to check. To my surprise, I was greeted by the sight of Onyx's handsome, impatient looking face. A scowl formed on my lips, irritation quickly replacing the surprise I'd been feeling as I swung open the door and placed my hands on my hips. I glared up at him. "What the heck are you doing here?" I asked him with a huff, knowing he could tell I was upset. Still, that didn't deter him from pushing past me to enter my apartment, the nerve of him making my eyelid twitch.

"I'm bored." He told me with a grunt, flopping down onto my couch. I rolled my eyes and leaned my weight into my left leg, my hip jutting out as I gave him a flat look. "And? I'm not here to entertain you, Onyx." I retorted grumpily.

He stretched his long legs out across the couch, taking up more than half of the space on it as he peered up at me. "Why aren't you hanging out with everyone else, anyway? Saki and Zena told me you guys were going to the mall together or something." I inquired, frowning slightly. My feet carried me over to the couch, where I plopped down on the empty end of it that his feet didn't reach. Shrugging his shoulders, he ran his long fingers through his soft hair. "Well, those two have been being annoying ever since you told them and I don't want to have to deal with it all the time, so I just decided not to go." He told me, crossing his strong arms over his broad chest.

I raised a brow and curled one leg up underneath me, leaning back into the cushions. "So, what am I supposed to do about that? It's not like we're friends." I said with a frown. "And the only entertainment that you ever look for from me is sex, which I'm not up for today." I added, as I'd started my period this morning. Obviously he didn't need to know that part, though.

A grunt left him, the frown on his lips telling me that he wasn't very happy with my words, or more so that he couldn't have sex with me. "It's your fault I can't be around them without being pestered, so I figured it's only fair that you have to be pestered by me in return." Onyx responded bluntly, causing me to narrow my eyes at him in a glare. I couldn't help but to let out a scoff, my temper flaring up as it always did around him. "You're such an ass-hat." I grunted, not bothering to say anything else before I stood from the couch and began to head down the hallway back towards my bedroom.

But of course, Onyx wasn't going to just leave me alone. Instead, he stood from the couch as well and followed after me, long legs making it easy for him to catch up. I didn't bother trying to keep him out, deciding to leave the bedroom door open as I headed over to my bed and crawled my way beneath the warmth of the covers.

Onyx joined me in my bed, his invading presence making me scoot over a little so we weren't so close. He noticed this, the edges of his lips twitching up in amusement. "Really?" He snorted. "You can stand having my cock in you, but not me sitting a little bit close?" He asked, an amused tone to his low, sexy voice. A flush crept up my neck and into my face, but I roughly elbowed him in his side, which didn't seem to bother him because he just elbowed me right back, though not nearly as rough as I had. "It's different." I huffed out with a roll of my eyes. "And don't even try to pretend like you don't know what I mean." I added quickly, before he could even say anything.

Chuckling to himself, he just shrugged his shoulders and crossed his arms over his chest, long legs stretched out over the top of the blanket whereas my shorter ones were curled up beneath it. "Just put something on already because I'm bored." He urged me, leaning back into my pillows. I hesitated at first, peeking a glance at him before I grabbed my remote and scrolled through, eventually picking the movie Saw. There didn't seem to be very much on today, unfortunately.

Things were going rather well for quite a while, certainly far better than it usually did when Onyx and I were left alone or not having sex. He didn't try to start an argument, so I just let myself relax, focusing on the movie instead. I hadn't expected for things to be so calm between us, but I wasn't complaining. Being on my period already had me in an irritable mood a lot of the time, and I wasn't necessarily feeling like having the normal argumentative banter that he and I normally did.

However, about thirty minutes into the movie, Onyx began to behave a little bit strangely. He was fidgeting slightly, stretching his legs or arms and cracking his knuckles, shifting beside me in the bed almost uneasily. At first I wasn't too sure what was wrong or what he was doing, causing me to take a sneaky glance up at his handsome face, a furrow within my brows. Not noticing my gaze, his hazel green eyes continuously flicked from the TV screen to the blankets at the foot of my bed, as if not wanting to focus on the movie for too long. Honestly, it took me a minute before I realized what was up, an amused smile growing on my lips when I realized but I decided not to say anything.

He must not like scary movies, I thought to myself. How ironic.