34

~Katya's POV~

I bit on my lip as I watched Sinister on my laptop the next night, enjoying the pepperoni pizza I'd ordered from Papa Johns while I did so. As I was doing so, I heard a series of knocks on my front door over the movie playing through my headphones, causing me to frown and pause the movie.

Pushing my laptop to the side, I set my plate of pizza down and slid out of bed, heading down the hallway after I left my room. I stopped before my front door and pushed up on my toes, peeking through the peep hole to see who was bothering me when it was almost nine in the evening. To my surprise, it was Onyx that was stood there, a somewhat impatient look on his face. "Come on, Katya. I heard you walking, so I know you're there and you can hear me. Lemme in." He said in a demand.

So I pulled the front door open but didn't move to let him inside, crossing my arms over my chest as I stared up at him. "You know, this is the second time you've shown up unannounced at my door. I mean, you have my number in your phone for a reason." I scolded him, causing him to let out a heavy sigh as he looked at me, cocking up a brow. "Well, it's too late for that now." He responded with a careless shrug and slipped past me into my apartment, a waft of peppermint fanning into my face as he did so. I couldn't help but to grumble to myself as I shut and locked the front door again, despite the little butterflies battering around in my stomach.

"What are you even doing here, anyways?" I asked, turning to face him. I strolled past him, hearing his heavy footsteps following after me down the hallway towards my bedroom. He hummed, a long finger twirling a strand of my hair around the digit from behind me. "Figured I'd come see you. I don't have anyone to chill with since everyone's gone to visit their family." He muttered, large hands cupping my waist as I glanced over my shoulder to peer up at him with a raised brow.

Onyx frowned as I plopped down in bed again, slipping my legs beneath the blankets. He stood beside my bed and looked down at me, eyes flicking to the closed box of pizza at the foot of my bed then to the paused movie on my laptop. "Aw, having a pizza and movie night without me, kitty? No fun." He pouted playfully, smirking when I rolled my eyes and scooted over to make a little more room for his large frame to fit. "Well? If you're going to be bugging me with your presence, at least sit down so I don't have to get a pain in my neck just to look at you." I told him, patting the empty space beside me.

He kicked off his shoes and laid down beside me, stretching his long legs out before him. "Gimme this." He muttered, snatching the still half full box of pizza from the side of my right leg. I shook my head and grabbed my laptop, setting it between the two of us as I watched him begin to eat the pizza. "Gee, thanks for asking." I stated dryly.

Ignoring my sarcastic remark, he hesitantly took one earphone when I held it out to him, putting one in my left while he put his in his right ear. A silence settled between us and Onyx glanced over at me, frowning as he gestured his unoccupied hand to my laptop. "Well?" He said expectantly. "Are you gonna play the movie or what?" He asked, causing an amused smile to slowly form on my face. I cocked up a brow and grabbed my soda from where I'd left it on my table beside my bed. "Oh, this one?" I snickered, pointing a finger at the paused movie. "You realize this is a scary movie, right? Sinister, actually. Don't think it slipped my notice last time that you could barely look at the screen for more than ten seconds at a time." I teased.

It seemed that embarrassed him because his eyes widened in surprised and his full lips parted as he looked at me, eyebrows raised. "You're scared of horror movies." I said, laughing when he scowled and pushed me with his large arm.

"No, I'm not." He grunted, but I noticed the way that he looked at the screen of my laptop with a newfound hesitancy that wasn't there before he found out it was a scary movie. The man could try and convince me all he wanted, but it didn't change the fact that I knew he was scared of them. Strangely enough, I just thought it was oddly cute of him. "Just hurry up and play it already. Then we'll see who's scared." He demanded.

Still a little bit amused, I immediately pressed play and purposely pressed myself closer to his side, continuing to eat my pizza while he ate the rest that had been left in the box. For a little while he seemed relatively okay, but by the time twenty minutes had passed he was taking sneaky little peeks at me, as if trying to see if I was as scared as him. A smile tugged up on the edges of my lips when I noticed, but I tried my best to stifle it so he wouldn't see. I had already long since finished my food and so had he, which was part of the reason why I didn't hesitate to place my hand on his muscular thigh and pat it gently. "There, there. No need to be afraid." I told him in a hum, causing him to narrow his eyes at me. "I'm not afraid." He insisted grumpily. "It's just a dumb movie, after all. Why would I be?"

I didn't respond, but I did notice that, despite his words, his large hand sought out mine a few minutes later, clasping my hand in his for the remainder of the movie.

**

When the movie was over I began to clean up all the trash on my bed, which Onyx surprisingly decided to help me out with.

"That movie was dogshit." Onyx complained as he followed me down the hall, clutching the empty pizza box. I let out a giggle of amusement and glanced at him over my shoulder, lifting a brow playfully. "Was it? And you're sure that had nothing to do with the fact that you just are scared of horror movies?" I asked as we entered the kitchen, where I tossed my trash into the can.

Onyx rolled his hazel green eyes and leaned against the counter, setting the empty box down so it could be taken out tomorrow. "Thought so." I chuckled when he didn't have anything to say to my question, giving him a smug smile. "What kind of movies do you like, then?" I asked him as I realized I had no idea. "Horror is obviously one of my favorites." I added.

He took a minute to think about it, pink tongue flicking out to swipe slowly across his full bottom lip. My stomach fluttered and my cheeks warmed as I looked at him. "I've always liked action movies, myself." He told me in a murmur, to which I smiled. I grabbed a bottle of water from out of my fridge, offering one to him as well. "Action, hm? Then why don't you go ahead and pick the next movie? Anything." I suggested, surprising even myself a little. I was pretty picky when it came to movies, so I didn't often like to let other people pick something for me to watch.

Nevertheless, he and I returned to my room together, where he picked out the next movie for us to watch together through my headphones that we shared.