Funeral for the gone and goners

"6:07 PM"

Today was a boring day; I checked the clock and yeah, the day zoomed right on by. I didn't do much since I didn't have work today. I just went for a stroll around the neighborhood. I really didn't have money for much enjoyment.
*sigh*
I haven't seen Chaeyeong in a little while. Maybe 2 days or so. I mean, she lives I the same building as me, how could I not. Maybe I should pho-

*phone rings* Oh it's one of my co-workers...huh?

"Hello?"

"Hey Y/N, umm...no easy way to say this. Our boss has passed away."

"Oh...I see"

"Well that's all, show up tomorrow so we can drive to the funeral together."

"Ok then, I'll be there." I then hung up.

Well damn...not saying I'm upset or anything just, I just don't know.
_____________________________________

Chaeyeong's Pov:

"9:34PM"

*Thump*

I kept hearing noises; it was keeping me awake and paranoid. Y/N wasn't here yet, nor yesterday. I was out during the day so maybe that was why. I missed her though.

*THUMP THUMP*

That was it, my last straw; I'm going up there. I snagged my phone even though it couldn't get me far on low battery. Just a false sense of security. And grabbed a mini flashlight from my bag. I was ready, or so I thought.

It was so much scarier on the fourth floor. Everything was like the rest just ten times worse. I heard the Thump again and went to the source. The door was already cracked open, meaning someone was in here.
I swiftly made my way to a place that covered me but I could look around a bit.
As I went room to room, we'll more like space to space, there was rusty equipment everywhere. Even a dentist chair? Weird placement for sure.

*Thump*

Right, someone's in here. I'm going to get myself killed.
I scurried to another area and Oh lord...

There was an unconscious man tied up covered in bloody wounds. Something big was happening in this building. I pulled out my phone and took a picture to show the police. But then all of a sudden the thumps, they were getting closer. I tried moving again but as soon as I did, a bar that was leaning on the wall fell on the floor...*shit*
I couldn't manage to save it either. So instead I grabbed it and hid in the corner near an old desk.

There were two guys, I finally got a glimpse. It was the twins that live down the hall. What were the doing?
But I didn't have much more time to wonder before they found me. I hid for another good 2 minutes before they made there way to the room I was in. Crap. My doom is here. They almost left til one of them spotted my foot peeking out. And after that, I couldn't put up a fight against two. I was a goner...

They took me and tied me up to chair at the end of the hallway. I don't know how long I was there until someone else walked in the unit. Seo Moon-jo.
He walked slowly with a small red ball in his hand bouncing it up and down. He was like an evil villain.
One of the twins then spoke:

"We found her lurking around boss."
Boss? He was the ring leader of this messed up crime. Can't say I'm surprised to be completely honest. But what about Y/N? Did she know? Was she OK? She wouldn't do something like this right? Right? A million questions ran through my mind until Moon-jo was directly I'm front of me, leaning over.

"Don't snoop in others business. You'll only regret it in the end. Now I'll give you a chance anyways cause I'm just so nice. Convince Y/N to help you out in whatever way and you live. Simple." He spoke.

An easy deal like that? Of course, she would help me.

"But-" Moon-jo continued. But?
"Have a fun time convincing her. She's been through a lot these past few days, and who was there for her? Me. So really? Who would she really want to help? A person she talks to consistently or some new rando?"

"ME OF COURSE." I shouted. I was not about to lose to him of all people. No way...

12:02 AM"
______________________________________

Y/N pov:

"3:00PM"

The funeral was now starting; there wasn't many people. I said hi to the only the people I liked. That was basically everyone I worked with except that helmet guy. After I took my seat in the back row of the venue.

The ceremony went by pretty fast. Some people went up to say a few things and yadda yadda yadda. Honestly, I didn't care; I didn't like that bitch anyways. I was only here to look good in front of others. Jeez what has gotten into me.

"Y/N." Oh great helmet is talking to me.

"Yeah."

"Follow me." He then went down the hall to an office. Once I closed the door, he began to talk.

"Did you even like Jae-hee?"

"Huh? Why are you asking this all of a sudden. I did, yes. That's why I'm here."

"No, be honest. I see the way you looked at her; with hatred and disgust."

"You got it all wrong man..."

"You probably were the one to kill her-"

"NO I DIDNT." I yelled loud enough I think others heard. I didn't mean to snap like that, crap.

"You totally did! I always knew you were a freak!"

"Shut up you dickhead."

"Look at you all wor-"

That was the final push. I don't know what possessed me to do this:

As he said that, I grabbed a stapler on the desk next to me and started going at it. I kept hitting and he kept screaming. A miniature crowd of people rushed in to see me in action.
A few people jumped into action and separated us from each other. As it happened in a quick blur, I swear I saw Moon-jo somewhere in the background.

"4:26PM"
______________________________________

"5:59PM"

An ambulance came to get helmet after I assaulted him. I just went on home barely 10 minutes after. It was making me all angsty.

As I was nearing home I saw police parked out front. I walked inside and it was the same lady who had dealt with me a bit ago.

"Hey, what happened?"

"Oh, it's you! Hi, your neighbor, Chaeyeong, she was reported missing by a friend of hers. She said she hasn't heard from her for a couple days and was worried. So we came to go see if she was alright but she was nowhere to be found. If you hear from her at all, let us know. Okay?"

"Yeah of course. I haven't seen her in a couple days too actually. Did you check the fourth floor though...?"

"Yeah we did actually. Why do you ask there specifically?"

"Well I hear things, like thumping, going on up there and they say it's just a cat. But, between just you and me, I think there's something deeper going on. The people here are total weirdos..."

"Ah, I see. That's a little concerning. But we didn't see any suspicious activity. It was just dark up there y'know."

"Well I see then...I'll get put of your way then, sorry for stopping you know the way out."

"Yeah, it was no problem. But if anything gets too weird don't be afraid to call" the officer then gave me a warm smile and walked back to her car.

"6:52PM"
_______________________________________
Part 1 of 2 of the same chapter
(I got lazy, sorry TT)