Just the beginning

"7:08 AM"

I need to go out. I thought.

Today the plan was to go out; maybe look for a job while I'm at it, and talk to someone new. Yeah, I can do that. Let's go.

I got up and picked out a nice floral dress  Ji-hyun got me a while back. Did I hate him, yes; will I still keep it, yes. It was nice, what else could I say?
I didn't have much in terms of shoes but I did have a nice white pair of speakers that looks decent with the dress. And with that I started my wonder.
___________________________________

"11:28 AM"

It was near the lunch hour and I was starving. There was a nice coffee shop that was relatively empty. I began making my way over.

I ordered a small black coffee and muffin to soothe my rumbling stomach for the time being.

As I was standing about I felt a quick double tap on the back of my shoulder.

"Y/N?.." a small yet deep voice of a man hesitantly said.

"Yeah..." I turned around to see a guy around my age.

I instantly recognized him as my mom's friend's son, Hyunjun. Back in the day my mom used to bring her friend over and she'd bring him along. We got along nicely but it was nothing too special. My mom's friend stopped bringing him with her though once we hit middle school; he never stopped appearing frequently whenever I went out though.

He continued to stand there as he was waiting on his order.

"Want to eat together? Catch up a bit maybe..." His offer did seem quite nice. A potential friend could do me some good.

"Sure..."
_________________________________

And with that we sat down and ended up talking about life for hours. Of course that included talking about where i was living and the environment i was in. But it didn't seem to bother me as much as it usually did. I was enjoying rambling on and on to this almost complete stranger.

Despite the small amount of time we spent just sitting, eating, and talking, it didn't felt like forever. Not in a bad way, but in a, I enjoy your company so I'm savouring it until i have to go back home, kind of way.

Something i found out, was that he lived not too far away from the residence. It gave me a sense of hope that the place would seem less eerie.

It was around 3:15 we finally finished our small meals. We were really hitting it off.

"Oh right before we head out of here, do you think i could get your number? Wouldn't want to forget y'know."

"Yeah for sure! Here it is-" I was enthusiastic for the first time in a bit. He was a normal person. He didn't  live in a shitty residence, he didn't act like a total lunatic and he wasn't intimidating the way Moon-jo was. Just the breath of fresh air I needed.

"Hey, actually...mind if i walk you home too? Or is that too much-"

"Actually I'd really like that." I gave him a bright smile and we began our journey back.
_______________________________________

"You know that guy you mentioned
"Yeah, but if you've talked before, what made you do that?"

"Well, my reasoning is kind of shallow  i guess, but he's so attractive. That's what sucks, he's a total psychopath but he's hot" I whined.

"Haha, I mean that's a believable answer. Lots of psychopaths are hot."

"Are they really? Huh..." After that short explanation we continued the stroll to my place.