Chapter 18

Shadowmoths P.O.V:

I starred at the clock. Counting down the minutes till my victory. I had it prepared. At sundown, Marinette Dupain-Cheng will be dead. Meanwhile, Emile will be reunited with me. Adrien will finally have the life that he deserves and all will be well. I smirked as I saw 30 minutes left till sundown. I started preparing everything. The guards to escort "Ms. Dupain-Cheng" to the Eiffel Tower. While the real one is kept in my prison with the final blow to kill her. I wish I could be the one to do it. I would make her suffer for all these years I have been without Emile. I made sure to hire someone who would enjoy her pain, Volpina. I will bring her to the top of the Eiffel Tower out of sight and hide her. Once I combined the miraculouses volpina will kill her. While the fake one will be handed to my son. I counted down the minutes and it was 20 minutes till sundown.

" Everything is ready sir," Nathalie said from behind. I then heard a knock.

" Hello Father," Adrien said.

" Adrien where have you been," I asked.

" I got some business taken care of," Adrien said hanging me Cat Blanc's belt.

" You killed him?," I asked vaguely.

" Yes," Adrien said with a smirk of revenge on his face.

" Good, He won't ruin my plans," I said emotionless.

" Get ready, we are about to leave," I said motioning towards the door. He left and headed for his room. I had a plan worked out. He would go and join the others to explain what had happened with me keeping an eye on him since he activated his mic and telling them that they need to go save her. After around 5 minutes he came back and gave me a nod letting me know he did as he was told. I made an announcement.

" Guards get ready, we are about to move," I said over the speakerphone. It was finally time.

Marinette's P.O.V:
I glanced outside of the window it was almost sunset. I felt my nerves picking up. My heartbeat started moving faster than ever. Sweat was dripping down my forehead. I wasn't ready for this. I then heard a knock on the door. It flung open and I saw a figure. A girl as best as I could guess. With brown hair and orange strands near the bottom. I knew exactly who it was which sent chills through my entire body.

" Hello Lila," I said with narrowed eyes and trying to hide my weakness.

" You know, I should have known you were Ladybug," Volpina said striking her hand with her flute and running it through her fingers.

" Before I kill you, tell me why would such a person as useless as you get a miraculous so powerful," Volpina said grinning.

" I don't know, why did God make someone who looks as ugly as you," I said grinning and raising my eyebrows.

" Oh I can't wait to kill you," Volpina said moving closer.

" You should be scared," She said grinning again.

" But I'm not," I said.

" Oh don't worry, you will be," Volpina said. Then she grabbed her flute and hit my temple. Knocking me out cold.

Volpina P.O.V:

" Shadowmoth can I please bruise her up more," I begged Shadowmoth. I was going to kill her anyway why not have some fun with it.

" Fine but don't leave her too bruised up," Shadowmoth responded through the coms. I grabbed my staff and started hitting her. Repeatedly until I reopened some of her wounds and I squeezed on them until they started bleeding. I let her blood drip on the floor.