🌊~16

Pii!

Coach Sarah Martin's whistle pierced through the air. She was a tall dark woman who had kept her hair in ponytails for so long that her hairline had started receding, giving her a larger forehead.

"Ok, that's it for practice!" She yelled at the top of her lungs as I pulled myself out of the pool, reeking of chlorine.

"Great job today, everyone," Coach Sarah continued. "But we're not done. We have practice again, same time tomorrow. As you already know, we have our first meet for the semester coming up in a week's time, and we all need to be in our best shape. Drink lots of water, spend more time in the gym, work on your form and your strokes. Yes, I'm looking at you, Seth."

The biggest guy on the team tried to hide an eye roll as he pulled off his swim cap.

"Your backstrokes are getting sloppier, make them better or you won't be participating in the upcoming meet," she warned. "We need to win this if we want to move to the regional level. Amina has the..."

Tuning Coach out, I yanked my swim cap and goggles off, plopping down on a nearby bleacher. I had completely worn myself out after practicing for a whole two hours. But on the bright side, I'd managed to improve my time and speed for breaststroke, all thanks to... when my eyes landed on her, they threatened to bulge out of their sockets because the scene before me was both astounding and revolting, to say the least.

At the farther end of the pool, quite close to the doors leading to the locker rooms, Princess had her arms wrapped round Ethan's neck. He also had his arms locking her waist, squeezing her ass from time to time, and Princess appeared to be enjoying the gesture since she kept giggling anytime Ethan's hand moved.

Triggered by the scene, Akunna and Deon's narration of the couple's relationship echoed in my ears. The cold hard truth was right in front me, and as much as I didn't want to believe it, it didn't stop Ethan and Princess from sharing a very passionate kiss.

"Appiah!"

My head darted away from the scene and I jerked up from the bleacher.

Coach Sarah approach me with all smiles. "That was some stellar swimming today," she complimented and I realised half of the team was looking at us. Daniel in particular was eyeing me like some hawk locked on its prey.

Coach continued regardless, "Keep it up and you might become one of the prodigies on the team."

"Wow, umm th-thanks Coach." I nervously scratched the back of my head.

As a response, she let out a soft chuckle before dismissing everyone.

My eyes immediately veered back to the spot close to the locker rooms, only to discover that Ethan and Princess were no longer there. I picked up my swim cap and goggles, making my way over to the showers to wash away the strong smell of chlorine on me. I understood that it was necessary for the chemical to be in the pool to keep the water clean. But the janitor really needed to tone down the amount he puts in there.

The showers were already occupied by the time I arrived. It was an open rectangular room with tiled floors, walls and a long drain in the middle, dividing it into two equal parts. Each part had six separate shower heads sticking out from the wall. Boys huddled under the sprays of water, washing away the chemical amidst amicable chatter.

"Hey!" An arm suddenly clamped me on the shoulder and I turned to find a grinning Ethan. "Heard Coach acknowledged your swimming today." He steered me in the direction of a shower head that had less people underneath. "You must be stoked, huh?"

"Yeah," I replied before inserting myself under the shower. "I'm just hoping that's enough for her to put me in one of the beginning heats during the meet next week."