🌊~35

Beep

The number you are calling is not answering. To leave an instavoice message, please stay on the line or else hang up now.

Beep

"Argh, please Shola, I'm begging you. I know the phone is with you, I just..." I heaved out a breath. "I just need a few minutes of your time to explain everything that happened last night. Those lipstick stains you saw on my shirt don't mean anything, I swear. Please...don't shut me out because of it."

The message came to an end and with a stinging pain in my chest, I put the phone down. This was the twentieth voicemail I'd sent her. Ever since I returned to the hall, I'd been calling her non-stop. I even used Deon's number to call her, but she still wouldn't pick up.

"Here." Akunna placed a pack of food in front of me with one can of Malta Guinness. "I managed to take some extra food at the Science Fair's buffet," he said, passing another pack to Deon.

"Thanks," I mumbled, opening up the pack of fried rice, coleslaw and two chicken drumsticks. "All I've had today is tap water and painkillers."

"How's your hand by the way?" Deon asked and I flexed my right hand, feeling more of the pain in my knuckles.

"It hurts, but it's nothing I can't handle."

"I can't believe they kicked you out of the club without any thorough investigation," Deon shoveled rice into his mouth.

"I can't believe you actually punched someone, Akwasi," Akunna laughed. "I didn't know you had it in you."

"Eh, Mawuli had it coming. I don't know how Shola and the others were able to put up with him in the past. That guy is beyond annoying." I took a large bite out of my chicken.

"Hey, you still haven't told us about last night and why you couldn't make it to the fair," my roommate voiced out. "If Shola doesn't want to know about what happened, at least we should."

I swallowed the bits of chicken in my mouth and sighed, knowing very well that what I was about to say would definitely shock them to the core. "I don't remember much, but... when I woke up this morning, Princess was completely naked beside me."

Deon nearly choked on his Malt, whilst Akunna's mouth dropped wide open. "Holy shit, Princess Asamoah?"

All I could do was nod and pick at my food. I myself couldn't believe that I had let something like that happen. I completely went overboard last night.

"Did you guys...you know..." Deon looked uneasy.

He didn't need to finish the question though, because I already knew what he was referring to. "Frankly, I dunno." I pressed my lips together and then brought them out. "But I really, really hope we didn't cuz the last thing I want is to come between Princess and Ethan. Plus, if Shola gets to know about this...I don't think she'd ever wanna talk to me."

A rapid knock suddenly sounded through the door, stealing our attention.

"Are you expecting someone?" Akunna asked.

"Not that I'm aware of," I responded, but still stood up to answer the door. The moment I pulled the wooden barrier open, the person standing at the entrance made me wish I hadn't.

"Hey, thanks for ditching me earlier." She shoved past me, uninvited. "Oh would look at that? You guys are having a small party." She wasted no time occupying the spot I'd just vacated and picked up my second drumstick.

Whilst Deon looked quite surprised by her sudden intrusion, Akunna was clearly pissed off. "What do you want here, Princess?" He snapped.

"Isn't it obvious?" she replied through a mouth full of chicken. "I came to see your roommate."

"Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea, not after what happened between us last night." I crossed my arms. "How could you drag me into bed with you when you know that Ethan and I are childhood friends?"

"Wait, wait, hold on for a second, what are you..." she appeared oblivious for a fleeting moment, then realisation dawn on her. "Oh my God... you think we fucked last night?" In the next second, Princess' hysterical laughter filled my room. I exchanged clueless expressions with my friends. What the heck is wrong with this girl?

When Princess finally regained her composure, she started wiping away some stray tears of joy. "Sorry to burst your bubble my dear Akwasi, but we didn't fuck each other last night."

Relief surged through me. "Oh, thank God."

"But we did come close to it," she added and my blood froze.

"What?"

"Yeah," Princess smiled. "We would've had sex last night, if you weren't imagining me as that nerdy Nigerian girl."

"Nerdy Nigerian..." I felt my face pale. There was only one Nigerian girl I knew.

"Oh my God..." Deon's eyes widened. "Is it Shola?"

"Yep Shola. That's her name," Princess confirmed then took another bite of her chicken. "Akwasi kept moaning and moaning her name anytime I touched him and it was a complete turn off for me."

"Oh God no." I dragged both hands over my face. My life was a complete mess now, so much so that it wouldn't take much for me to die of embarrassment. "How...how could I let this happen?"

"Hey, don't feel bad," Princess happily chimed in. "Even though we didn't do the main thing, we did do other stuff and I enjoyed them a lot, especially that fountain of cum you generously spilled all over my b-"

"Ok, ok, stop it!" I yelled, feeling the heat crawl up my neck. "Just stop!"

"I think I just lost my appetite." Disgust touched Akunna's features as he carefully pushed his food away.

A ping filtered into the room and Princess quickly pulled her phone out. "Oh, the chemistry club is hosting a jam session this evening to celebrate their win. We should go, Akwasi."

"I'll pass," I flatly responded. The last thing I wanted right now was to find myself at another party with her.

"Aww." Princess stood up. "Don't be that way. Last night was loads of fun. I really enjoyed myself, all thanks to you." Her hands flew to my collar and adjusted the material. "PS," her voice dropped to a low whisper. "If you ever need someone to help you jerk off, I'm your girl." She gave me a pat on the cheek before taking her leave with a simple "ciao." The door clicked shut behind her.

"That girl," Deon began. "...is a total slut."

"No kidding," Akunna added, and just like that the two of them launched a conversation about her.

Opting to remain out of it, I drew closer to the window and pulled out my phone. With a few swipes, I brought up Shola's number again.

Princess' short visit had put me on edge. If God somehow gave me the opportunity to erase any period of my past, I wouldn't hesitate to clean off last night. It was a massive mistake, one that plunged my life into utter disarray. Now the only thing I could hope for was that Shola wouldn't find out.

Tapping on the green button, I brought the phone to my ear, ready to make sure that wouldn't happen.

But Shola had other plans.

Beep

The number you are calling is currently switched off. Please call back later.

Beep

Sighing, my forehead hit the window frame.

God please help me.

*****
Very soon, we'll be hitting the fortieth chapter. Thank you so much for coming this far everyone, I really appreciate your loyal readership.