🌊~33

The sun rays burnt right into my face, which I found strange because I didn't remember opening the windows last night.

Turning away from it, the presence of a second body pulled me out of slumber. Groaning, I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and sat up, trying to figure out who I'd spent the night with.

It was only when she readjusted herself that I got my answer.

"Holy shit!" I tumbled out of bed, and with that came a throbbing headache and the realisation that I was stark naked. "Oh no no no no!"

Princess lay amongst the rumpled sheets, topless and still fast asleep. The sight made my heart jump. What the fuck did I do last night?

In an attempt to find answers, my eyes landed on the digi-clock perched up on the nightstand.

Sat. 11:28 am

"11:28!"

Shola's face flashed before my mind's eye and I quickly grabbed my clothes from the floor, digging out my phone to call Akunna or Deon, but all I met was a dead battery. "Shit!"

With clothes in hand, I rushed into the bathroom. My head was like a thumping base drum at this point, and after pulling on my briefs, I began rummaging through the mini cabinet for some painkillers.

Luckily, I found a small box of Advil and did not hesitate chucking two of the pills into my mouth before swallowing them down with tap water. The searing pain was still there, but I chose to ignore it because I currently had less than thirty minutes to make it to Auditorium 900 before the Science Fair ended.

I shuffled on my clothes and splashed water on my face, which didn't do much to clear the puffiness surrounding my eyes. Yanking the door open, I dashed out of the room without giving Princess a glance and jogged down the stairs. I didn't even remember climbing them last night, so how in heavens name did I end up in a room with Princess?

The question vanished the moment I landed in the main lounge. "Holy crap." The place was beyond trashed. Broken tables and bottles, overnight jellos and red solo cups covered every inch of the floor. A keg barrel still had its tap open, soaking the carpet with beer and I moved over to close it, wondering who the fuck was going to clean this mess.

That's not your problem! My subconscious snapped. Just get the heck out of here!

My feet quickly carried me out of the guest house where a warm Saturday breeze hit me right in the face. That was when I remembered that I was on the eastside of campus. Auditorium 900 was on the southern side of campus.

"Oh crap!" I bit my lip. There was absolutely no way I was going to make it to the Science Fair on time. But I still had to try. I had promised Shola that I was going to be there, and I couldn't break that promise because of some dumb party I should never have attended in the first place!

Sucking in a breath, I started running towards the nearest taxi station. I wasn't sure I had the money to even pay for a ride, but it was the only idea I could come up with.

A few minutes of sprinting across pavements with a numbing pain in my head, I was just about reaching the station when Ethan's ash Hyundai Elantra stopped right in front of me. The window rolled down and instead of Ethan at the wheel, Nana Kwame peered at me with a curious frown. "Dude, where the heck are you off to?"

"Auditorium 900!" The words flew out of my mouth as I hopped into the vehicle. "C'mon on step on it! I'm late for the fair."

"Oh yeah the Science Fair." Nana Kwame pushed the car back into drive. "I completely forgot that it was today. Your club is in it, right?"