🌊~37

The following week

"Good morning, Penfield!" A cherry feminine voice seeped out of the speakers. "And welcome to day one of our 25th Annual Swimming Competition!'

An avalanche of cheers followed.

"Today, our very own Sharks are going to battle it out amongst themselves in a three-day-event for the lavish title of Penfield's Greatest Swimmer! Who's ready to see them in action?"

The replies were beyond deafening. Ever since I joined the swim team, I'd never seen the court this packed before. It was as if the entire school had crammed itself into the bleachers of the swimming court. Every seat was occupied.

"Hey bestie!" Two arms wrapped my torso from behind and gave me a squeeze.

"Princess! You need to stop doing that!" I quickly pried her arms off just before her boyfriend made an appearance with Nana Kwame in tow.

"Looking good, Akwasi," Ethan said with a broad grin. "Ready for your first race?"

"Yeah, I just wasn't expecting this place to be filled to the max," I said, casting a brief glance at the swarm of students and staff.

Nana Kwame laughed, "Yo dude, this is one of the biggest sporting events in Penfield. The academic board called off classes for the next three days so everyone could be here."

"So basically," Princess chipped in. "We're going to be swimming in front of the entire school for the next seventy-two hours."

"That's the boring part." Ethan waved her off. "The awesome part is that we're going to be having killer parties continuously till the grand finale on Friday night. And trust me, the grand finale parties are the best." The smile on Ethan's face could replace the sun at this point. "Last year after I became the two-time reigning champion, the party that followed was massive! From twerking competitions to grinding competitions and being in the centre of it all...oh God!" He exclaimed out of excitement. "Nothing can top last year's party!"

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves E," Nana Kwame patted Ethan on the shoulder as all four of us made our way to the waiting area. "This is Penfield. You never know what students have in store for the grand finale."

The moment Nana Kwame completed the sentence, Seth walked past us like we were basically non-existent. I began wondering why, until Ethan and the rest started laughing.

"There goes the big baby," Nana Kwame tried stifling a chuckle.

"You should've seen his face the day Amina told him that she didn't want to have anything to do with him. Dude was seconds away from crying a waterfall." Ethan bent over in laughter.

"I know right," Princess chortled. "I'm sure if the entire team wasn't around, he would've grabbed onto Amina and begged her to get back with him."

"Oh please Amina, please!" Ethan dropped to the floor, acting out the scene Princess had just described. "Please don't leave me, cuz I can't live without your pussy."

The three of them burst into a hearty laugh, with Nana Kwame leaning on the corridor wall for support.

"Really guys?" I crossed my arms. "This isn't funny. You guys are Seth's friends. Instead of standing here, laughing it up, maybe you should be by his side, helping him out."

"Argh, you're too much of a goody two shoes, Akwasi," Princess scoffed.

"Yeah, why should we help Seth when he's the very person who set himself up for disaster?" Ethan stood up and wiped away a stray tear of joy. "If he hadn't sent those pictures to Ishmael, he'd still be fucking Amina without any issues. He's like this because of greed."