The Disease of the Ground

"Finn, how do you even know that this is the right place?" I ask, wondering if this hour or so of walking was for nothing

"Finn, how do you even know that this is the right place?" I ask, wondering if this hour or so of walking was for nothing. "Because if you don't remember I've been hit with an arrow, stabbed a couple of times, and punched a shit ton, so if this is just a stupid little--" He cuts me off.

"It's not, Hailey, okay?" He turns around, his eyes wide and crazed. "All of us tortured this grounder and he gave up the information." He says before turning around and continuing walking.

I pause for a second before continuing walking too with Murphy by my side.

After a moment I ask Murphy, "You all tortured the grounder, or just Finn?" I breathe in. Hold it.

"Just him, Hailey." He murmurs, laying a comforting hand on my arm. "He's gone insane since Clarke left. After seeing you get shot with the arrow and the way you reacted with..." He trails off, unsure of how to finish.

I take a deep breath. "Elliot's death." I finish for him.

"Yeah," He mutters. "Well, it destroyed him and after he made the choice to leave the dropship, or so he tells me," He shakes his head, looking at the ground. "He's regretted helping Bellamy for a while now."

My eyebrows furrow. "What do you mean?"

He shrugs. "He left the dropship to save Bellamy from a grounder while you were running towards Elliot." He looks over at me with a matched expression. Dread.

"He wishes that he helped you instead, or rather, that he didn't help anyone at all and stayed with Clarke in the dropship." He murmurs and the world comes crashing down.

Finn. The boy that fell in love with the girl that had jet black hair and warm brown eyes. The boy that took the fall for her crime because his heart was too big. The boy who wanted to help everyone at any chance he got.

And now he wishes he helped no one.

-----------

"Finn, how much farther to the village?" Murphy wines. We'd been walking for about 2 hours now and to say the least, Murphy was tired and my arrow wound was beginning to hurt.

After resting it for a couple of days, the pain had subsided, but now it was full-on throbbing.

I stumble, but Murphy catches me.

"Finn!" He yells out, causing Finn to stop and turn around, enraged.

"Do you think we can just sit around on our asses? Come on, Hailey!" He yells at me before grabbing my upper arm and pulling me behind him. A spasm of pain ripples through my leg, causing my eyes to go blurry.

I react without thinking and slam him against a tree with a knife to his throat.

"Let. Go." I grit my teeth, seething. "Don't ever touch me again, Finn," I mutter before limping off into the direction that we were going.