What a Lovely Head You Have

Waiting is the worst part of life

Waiting is the worst part of life. Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic but I'll just blame it on the fact that Bellamy left me alone in the vents. He talking with Raven, who was directing him to the meeting point.

I shake my head lightly, sighing to myself while listening in on the guards walking past my hiding spot below me.

"Mate, have you heard of the grounder girl that's infiltrated us?" I scratch the back of my neck absentmindedly.

"Yeah, yeah, real cranky one, isn't she?" Twat number two chuckles.

"Hear she's got a body to die for though," Twat number one pusses, causing me to grimace.

"What I would do to her..." One of the mutters.

My anger grows as I make sure my sword is within reach before I quickly shove the vent covering to the side and land squarely in front of them.

"Heard you guys were idolising me," I smirk, standing up straight with my sword brandished in front my me. "You know," I twirl my sword around in my hand,"It's not that healthy to have para social relationships." I laugh before one of them goes to draw their gun but I slice their arm.

"Yeah, well, you're a scumbag that uses men for their good looks," One of them sneers, which causes my eyebrows to furrow and my head to tilt.

"Um," I purse my lips before land a kick into the injured man's chest. "I don't know where that came from but," I swing my sword, impaling one of the men. "It's not true." I almost laugh before an earsplitting sound echoes around me.

I slowly slide my sword out of the man's stomach and turn around to see the barrel of a gun pointed at me.

Shock begins to ebb into my veins as I realise that the gun is smoking. As I fall, I drop my sword and disarm the man.

I point his gun at him as my shoulder begins to throb. My breathing begins to quicken as the realisation sets in. I bring my free hand to my bleeding shoulder and my heart drops when my hand comes back blood red.

I bring my gaze from my shoulder to the man in front of me, whose eyes are staring into me.

I sigh before I glance around me. "Does anyone come onto this floor that often?" I ask, my tone flat and bored as I apply pressure to my wound.

He shakes his head. "Not for the next couple of hours." He says, shaking. "Are you going to kill me?"

I tilt my head and squint my eyes. "Do you want me to?"

He doesn't answer right away, which makes my eyebrows raise in surprise. "I don't know." He mutters.

"What's your name?" I ask, scooting until I'm up against the wall.

"Ravi." He sighs, still staring at me.

"I'm assuming you already know my name," A small smile works its way onto my face.