Light in the Darkness

song: monster by imagine dragons

For thirty minutes I'd been watching Clarke tend to Lincoln. No progress has been made.

I let out a sigh before climbing down the ladder and sitting on the dropship ramp.

I let my eyes roam over the charred ground and bones. My heart sinks as I let the reality of the situation sink in. Bellamy's voice rings in my head from when he was at Murphy's mercy only a few feet away from me a couple weeks ago.

"She's a monster."

I clench my fists and squeeze my eyes shut, willing the bad memories to disappear.

At the sound of footsteps behind me, I lift my head up but don't turn around.

"I never apologised." Bellamy's voice murmurs from behind me as he sits down next to me.

"For what?" My voice sounds unfamiliar and raw.

"When Murphy insinuated that you were in love with me and you told him no, I said horrible things, Hails." He says, his head hanging low.

I don't respond, instead I just let eyes drift across the scenery.

"I was wrong," he continues. "You're not power hungry or a murderer nor a monster." He sighs, causing me to look at him. "You..." Our eyes meet and his voice falters. "What i'm trying to say is, you are magnificent. You're light that flickers through the trees, providing a golden path on the forest floor." He murmurs and my heart stops. "You're the moon that guides my way, Hailey. You are my light in the darkness."

He says, no hesitation in his voice. Our eyes are connected, an unwitting soul that is forever intertwined.

"I..." I trail off, my eyes bouncing back and forth between his. "You used to know me." I murmur, staring down at my hands as if they show the blood that coats them.

"No," Bellamy shakes his head. "I do know you, Hailey," he grabs my chin.

"I'm a monster," I say, a tear falling down my cheek.

"Then let's be monsters together." He says and crashes his lips against mine in a slow presumptuous fashion leaving me guessing if he is even real.

A light smile breaks across his face. "I'll follow you anywhere, Hailey." My eyebrows furrow as a playful glare takes it's place on my face.

I bite the inside of my cheek and look down. "I've never had anyone say something that like to me."

I feel his hand cup my cheek, pulling my eyes to meet his.

"I'll say it over and over again just for you to believe it." He murmurs.

A smile tinges my lips, making them turn upward. "Just kiss me again, you idiot." I whisper, my voice falling faint.