Flash Boom Bang

I walk with my head down, not paying attention to the mass of people following Abby, Kane and I

I walk with my head down, not paying attention to the mass of people following Abby, Kane and I. I could feel Abby's glare tearing into the top of my head, but I didn't bother returning it.

Instead I just listen to Bellamy and Clarke's conversation.

"Hey, you doing alright?" He asks, catching Clarke's attention.

Clarke's eyes are dazed, staring off ahead. "Yeah," She murmurs after a moment.

I press my lips together before I lightly set my hand on her arm, making her glance towards me. "You did the right thing." I murmur, my lips tipping upwards.

She stares at me for a moment before nodding. "Now I get to live with it." She says, sighing, before turning to Bellamy. "You still think this truce is a bad idea, don't you?" She says, causing my eyes to narrow.

Bellamy rolls his eyes. "I think we're wasting out time on politics while our friends are in trouble." He says, catching my eyes.

"We need their army, Bell." I say, cutting in.

"Their army has been getting their ass kicked by Mount Weather forever." He hisses back, his face neutral but his tone harsh. "What we need is in inside man. Someone to be our eyes and ears." He says, turning his eyes toward.

"No, we're going to find another way." Clarke says, shaking her head. "Neither you or Hailey are going."

"What if that's the only way?"

Clarke sighs and I notice her looking at me. "Then one of you will have to go, but not both." She says, her voice defeated. "Am I clear?"

I glance over and catch Bellamy narrowing his eyes at me. "Crystal."

———————

We stop for the night after a few hours of walking. In the beginning of this whole ordeal, my feet would have been sore and blistered, but now?

Now they were a dull ache compared to my mind.

I lay down my sleeping back directly by the campfire in the middle of the two sides. I sense the stares from both sides but I just sit down and stare at my hands.

I can still hear Elliot's voice in my mind.

"I don't know how to be good without you,El." I sob, my voice cracking.

"Yes you do," He smiles that sweet innocent smile that haunts and blesses my dreams.

I squeeze my eyes shut, blocking out the memory. I remember the feeling of his blood pooling through my fingertips, staining my nails a dark crimson red for days.