Shower, Love

I slowly allow myself to sink down into the bed they gave me

I slowly allow myself to sink down into the bed they gave me. Orla flops onto the bed with a smile.

"How can you smile right now?" I ask, my irritation showing in my tone.

She shrugs while furrowing her brows. "If we're not going to be here long, then i'm going to enjoy the comforts while it lasts." She says smiling even wider with her eyes now closed.

I stare at her for a moment before glancing away to a door across the room next to a few sleeping guards. I sigh before standing.

"I'll be back." I say to Orla before taking quiet strides towards the door and open it. It reveals a shower room and sigh before grabbing a towel from my right.

I walk all the way to the end and push aside the curtain and close it behind me. I hang the towel over the wall between the two stalls. I do the same with my shirt and stop.

I stare down at my stomach and cringe. Small nicks and scars are scatter across my sternum all the way down to my hips. I sigh before peeling off my jeans and my lips press together.

An almost rectangular scar from my sword is situated on my thigh. I tightly shut my eyes before slipping off my socks and the rest of my clothes.

I turn on the water just as the door opens. My eyes widen as the water heats up to a preheated temperature. It scorched my skin as I hear someone pad over to the stall next to mine and stop.

A moment of silence passes before they speak.

"Hailey," Bellamy sighs over the water. "Why are you here?" He asks before I see a shadow of his hand against the curtain, causing me to turn around.

I stare at the wall as I hear him ask, "Can I...?"

I mutter a small, "Yes."

I hear him pull away the curtain and step inside. We're both silent for a moment before I hear him reach over and grab a rag. I continue to stare forward as I catch his arm wetting the cloth out of the corner of my eye.

A shiver goes down my spine as he places his hand on my bare shoulder. I hear him rub a bar of soap onto it before he begins to wash my back.

Goosebumps rise all over my back and my shoulder where his hand still is.

"How did you get all of these scars?" He murmurs into my ear.

"Most are from the battle," I sigh. "Others like the one on my stomach," I say referencing the burns Raven gave me. "Someone I trusted gave them to me." I press my lips together.

I hear him hum before he drops the rag and move my hair to the side. My eyes flutter shut as he begins to plant kisses all along my neck and down across my shoulder.

"What's your plan?" He murmurs against my skin.

I hum, trying to find the words. "I got the trust of Wallace, so now i can protect you and get access to control rooms and such." I breathe.

He hums against my skin causing my head to tilt back.

"Y'know," he chuckles. "I've never done it in a shower before."

I roll my eyes and lightly shake my head. He trails his hands down to the part of my waist where it slopes inward.

"We're inside of our enemies home." I chuckle, but don't push him away.

"And?" He chuckles with me as he trails his fingers up and down my thighs.

"And," I sigh before grabbing his hands and putting them back on my waist. "You've never seen my body before, Blake." I almost whisper before reaching over to grab the shampoo.

He beats me to it, though. He begins to lather my hair before he begins to speak again.

"I don't need to see you naked to know how beautiful of a person you are." He mutters tilting my head and washing the shampoo out of my hair.

After the shampoo is all out he pauses before bringing his hand to the side of my face and tilting it to the side where he meets me.

Our lips connect in a flurry of unwanted goodbyes and unneeded good-lucks. And maybe, just maybe, an unspoken 'i love you' hidden in there.

————————

"Now that we're on the same playing field," Wallace begins, smiling. "Meaning that you've exploited your people and chosen one to be harvested," He continues, but my heart sinks at the reminder.

"It's time for my end of the deal." He smiles. "Well, I already have let you keep your irradiated clothes and weapons, but we don't count that." A dry smile takes its place on his face.

"Anyway," He sighs before handing my a keycard. "This is for you." I take it with furrowed brows.

He notices. "It's for most doors and chambers here." He nods to himself. "Well, you're free to look around and explore." He says and I know he's lying.

I watch him for a moment before nodding to myself.

As soon as I leave here, he's going to have guards following my every move.

I leave him and begin walking.

It's what I would do.

However, I wouldn't give a keycard to a girl that showed up at your door a day ago with the promise of trust.

I chuckle to myself.

Or maybe I just wouldn't trust anyone.

———————
a/n
HI EVERYBODYYYT ILY ALL SM PLEASE DONT BE SILENT READERS <3333

chapters may come a bit slower than usual just because i'm going on vacation soon and yada yada

anyway, please take care of yourselves
-abigail