The Other Side of the Coin

song: unfair by the neighbourhood

"Sure you're ready for this?" Bellamy asks, referring to the plan we had thought up moments ago. We needed to get Lincoln somewhere where we could help him, but we needed him to be out for good.

Octavia nods, prompting me to continue. "Ok, draw him in," I say, looking towards Bellamy. "We'll do the rest."

He nods before we open the doors and jump out. I grab my sword, but hold it by the top of the hilt, preparing to knock him out with it.

"Lincoln!" Octavia yells, her arms flailing in the air to get his attention. "Lincoln, can you hear me!" That did it. His eyes flicked towards her hungrily. Fear shoots through my veins at the sight.

I run forward and slam the hilt of my sword into head, knocking him down and Bellamy shocks him, knocking him out.

We all stand over him, looking down at him.

"Now what?" O asks, looking between Bell and I.

Bellamy glances at me before looking back at Octavia. "Now we take him home."

--------

My arms are killing me, but there's nothing to be done. The drop ship is in sight and Lincoln is still out like a light. We stumble into the clearing and my eyes immediately advert to where I last saw Elliot alive and my heart clenches. Tears unwilling flood to my eyes, but I shove them down.

We walk into the dropship and lay Lincoln down. I look over at Octavia as her fingers gently graze his face.

"I'm going to go get Clarke." I say suddenly.

"What?" Bellamy asks. "Not by yourself." He says, crossing his arms.

I roll my eyes before grabbing his arm and dragging him outside. "I'm not leaving Octavia here by herself, Bell." I say, crossing my arms. "Besides, I'll be fine."

He stares at me for a second before looking down. "What if you get hurt?" He murmurs.

A sad smile makes its way onto my face as I reach up and lift his chin. "I'll be fine, Bell."

He shakes his head, unwilling to let me go.

I raise an eyebrow. "I'll knock you out if I have to."

Her narrows his eyes at me before a small smile makes its way onto his face. I admire the way his cheeks crease and round out when his lips curve into a smile. His eyes squint and the freckles that litter his cheeks dance.

I cross my fingers around his neck before gently pressing my lips to his. Not a goodbye but a see you later.

I pull away, sighing. "I'll be back soon."

He nods, his eyes dancing over my face as if to memorise it. "I'll be waiting." He says as I turn and walk out of the charred clearing. The memories of Elliot's smile and laughter left in the past.

--------

I run most of the way to the Ark, my mind racing. When it comes into view, I slow down and sneak around the back. I stop by the hole in the fence, but before climbing through, I grab a rock and throw it at the fence. When no electrical charge emits, I climb through.

"Hey, where have you been?" Clarke says as soon as she catches sight of me.

"The dropship." I say, not going into detail. I grab her elbow and direct her towards the Ark's entrance. "You need to come back with me right now."

Her eyes narrow. "Why? What's happened?"

I stop and turn to her. "I'll explain on the way. Bring your med kit," I say before continuing. "Meet me at Raven's gate in 5." I say before running off to my tent.

I run in and grab some extra daggers but stop when the tent's entrance opens behind me.

"Hailey." I turn and am faced with Miloch.

A smile breaks across my face. "Miloch!" I say, giving him a brief hug. "Listen," I begin. "We found Lincoln."

A smile makes its way onto his face. "Really?" He laughs.

I shake my head, glancing down. "He's a reaper, Mil."

His smile falls. "What?" He shakes his head. "No, that's not possible." Disbelief threatens to buckle his legs.

"He's at the dropship, where I came from and where Clarke and I are heading now." I say reaching back towards my bunk to grab my weapons. "You're welcome to come."

"Of course." He murmurs, staring at the ground with blank eyes.

I sigh before setting my hand on his arm. "Come on."

-------

The dropship comes into view and Miloch, Clarke and I all walk through the forest. Awkward silence ensued as soon as she had seen that he was coming with us. I don't think she has a problem with him, though

We all file into the dropship and go up the ladder. I stumble backwards at the sight of Lincoln. The only reason I don't fall is because Bellamy catches me.

"It's okay, it's okay. He's been restrained." He assures both me and Clarke. Miloch just stares at his old friend in shock.

"Chit hatten kom yu, frin?" What happened to you, friend? Miloch asks, his voice breaking.

I glance down at Octavia to see her eyes drooping with exhaustion.

"I can't believe we're back here again." Clarke says, inspecting Lincoln's wounds.

Octavia sighs. "Can you help him?" She asks, desperation breaking through her stoic tone.

Clarke glances at her before looking back at Lincoln. "I don't know." She says, getting closer, my eyes glued to her back. "I knew Mount Weather controlled the Reapers..."

My eyes narrowed as I looked towards Miloch to see him look down.

"...I had no idea they were creating them." Clarke murmurs.

I sigh, shaking my head. "f they can do that to Lincoln," I say, getting everyone's attention. "What're they doing to our friends?"

A/N

BAM BAM

short chapters back to back

you like you like???

hmmmmaybe not but that's okay

I got some inspiration so here you go :)

love, Abigail