Chapter 16

-

It was now the end of the day, walking to my locker with Xiao was the best but most awkward thing.

"What did my mother talk to you about?" Xiao unlocked his locker, putting books in his back and other items that needed to be stored.

"I'll tell you when it's just us" I dug my nails into my arm, I kept on thinking about if I wasn't home in time my parents would...

"Venti? are you alright? You look very pale..."
Xiao stuttered, "Yep!" I grin, playing with my braid.

Xiaos pov

I look over my shoulder, seeing Venti fidgeting with his braid. "What is he worried about?" I question in my head.

"Can we go now..?" Venti stuttered. "Sure." I grab my bag, swinging the weight over my shoulder, waiting for Venti. "Sorry Xiao"
Venti apologised. "Why're you sorry? It's completely fine" I grin, assuring him that it's fine.

We begin walking down the corridor, I notice Venti's anxiousness and the pack of females eyeing him off. I grab Venti's hand and hold it, I turn my head to Venti's, "You can wrap around my arm if you don't feel safe." I whisper in his ear.

He began to wrap around my arm gently, mouthing 'thank you' to me. I notice Yoimiya glaring at me, like she's going to kill me. Her hand starts waving, not making out what it meant until she came up to me.

"Your lucky I won't hurt you this time, but we need to go." Yoimiya spoke softly, "Why?" I questioned. "I overheard some of the girls talking about planning on beating Venti up." She grips my wrist and drags me, I do the same to Venti's wrist.

I see the rest of Venti's friend group, some looking happy, some distressed. "Venti! Thank god you're safe." Ayaka ran up to him, pulling him into a hug. Causing Venti and I's physical contact. Making me feel a bit jealous I'm not the one hugging him.

"Has this fuck-wit been taking care of you?" Ayaka glared at me, "Ayaka, that's not very polite. I'm sure he has, right?" Kazuha smiled happily at me. Venti smiled and nodded, "He has don't worry!" Ayaka sighed, a small grin applying to her thin, pink tinted lips.

"Well, Gorou and I must be heading off now. We'll see you all at the sleepover perhaps?" Fuck. I forgot about Hu Tao's sleepover, is it this weekend? Ah fuck.

"Uh... Xiao..?" Venti cupped my cheeks, holding them in his soft, pale hands.
"Are you alright? You look more pale than usual" I jumped at his voice, awakening me from my thoughts. "Oh, yes I'm okay thank you. Shall I take you to mine this evening? Since you've been letting me stay at yours?"

Venti's cheeks tinted a light shade of pink, "S-Sure!" he stuttered. Something still seemed off with Venti though, which quite bothered me.

"Do you have any siblings?" Venti randomly questioned, "Yep, QiQi and Klee. They're both in Year ten." Venti's face enlightened. "They both seem so sweet!" Venti smiled.
"Klee is quite chaotic, while QiQi is rather more tired and reserved." Venti nods.

"XIAOOOOO!" I hear mental slamming against each other rapidly, shoes clapping across the ground. It was no one other than... Klee.

"Hi big bro!!" She pokes my arm then hugs me. "We're just waiting for Qi- OH MY GOD IS THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND?" Klee runs up to Venti holding his hands and getting close to his face. Causing my body to move on it's own.

"Klee. He could be comfortable" I push her back a bit, letting Venti breathe. "Ah! I'm so sorry! I got a bit excited." Klee apologised.

"So... is this your boyfr-"
"No." Klee pouted. "Well you act like it!" She pokes her tongue out, Venti's face glows red.

I hear slow foot steps heading our way behind Klee, "So sorry I'm la-" QiQi yawns, nearly collapsing. Luckily, Klee catches her. "I think we should go home" Klee winks at Venti and pokes her tongue out at me.

She takes off in front of Venti and I, leaving it just the two of us.

OMFG IM SO SORRY YOU GUYS HAVENT HAD A CHAPTER FOR A WHOLE ASS MONTH JESUS IM SO SORRY