Chapter 20

1:34 am Friday

Jeans pov

"Lord Barbatos it's late!" I gently facepalm and sigh loudly. My stomach tenses, making me flinch a little. I had been running off countless cups of coffee since 9 pm yesterday. Being the principal of a populated high-school isn't easy, finding replacement teachers for the time being, finding students who need books, etc.

"Ah crap." I rest my head in my hands, facing downwards and sigh once again. A click of a door catches my attention, it sounded like it came from upstairs. I await to see who may come down, unless they're using the rest room.

Slow thumping came from the floor above, it was a quiet thump though. I stayed in the position I'm in now, it's probably QiQi just sleep walking again.

"Hey mum." A deep voice came from the direction of the stairwell. I turn my attention towards him, he slightly grins.

"Oh, hey hun. What's up?" He makes his way towards the chair, sitting across from me on the dinner table. "Would you like a hot coco? or something to eat?" He nods slightly, I begin to make him a hot coco. He folded his arms crossed and rested them on the glass table, placing his head afterwards. After I finish, I place the drink in front of him.

"Is something the matter? You don't seem yourself" i place myself down in my assigned chair, awaiting his response.

"Remember that girl I dated." I raise my eyebrow.

"Which one?" I chuckled a bit.

"I don't have that many Jesus. But, the one I dated before the 'incident.'" my body locked in place. 'Dusk? Why's he talking about her..'

"I..had a dream about uh her." Tears pricked his eyes and his hands began to shake a little.

I didn't think he'd think about her this soon, although it'd been roughly a year, it's very sudden. I never liked Dusk, not one bit. She always seemed..controlling. Or even described as manipulative. She claimed she had mental illnesses for attention, she also blamed everything on Xiao no matter who was involved. Even if it had nothing to do with him. I'm pretty sure she abused Xiao too, mentally & physically.

I reach out and hold his hand in mine, hoping it could signal I'm here for him. He tightens his grip around my palm.

"Xiao?" Concern runs through my voice as the tightness decreases around my hand.

Venti's pov

"What the fuck is wrong with you Venti!"

I open my eyes in horror, scanning my surroundings. My heart pounding, dried tears that had fallen from my eyes, my body shaking.

"Thank fuck it was a dream." I turn to my left, noticing Xiao was gone. I remove the doona off my body, swinging my legs to the right. Standing up, I walk towards the door, noticing the lights downstairs.

"Xiao?" I quietly tip-toe down the stairs, looking over the rail I notice Ms Jean holding.. Xiao's hand? While his head is down, looking at the glass table beneath him. My heart sinks as I watch him sob into his jumper sleeve.

"I'll be back, I'll grab you some tissues and make you some food." Ms Jean exits the room, I jump down the stairs and immediately run to Xiao. Pulling the shorter male into my arms, rubbing his lower-back.

"Venti? Why're you up?" His tone sounding sad.

"I should be asking you the same thing, Xiao."
-
AFTER MONTHS IM BACK 😻🫶 SORRY THIS WAS ICKY