Breakfast

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from dune but my original characters that I invented for this story are.

Authors note: This is my first FanFiction but I have been a competitive writer for two years. Hope you enjoy :)

Y/n's POV:

I woke up in the maids quarters at 5:25. Looking around me I saw my best friend  Camilla trying desperately to tame her ringlets of ginger hair. 

"So, Y/n," she said "I hear that Mia's ill so someone else is going to have to bring Paul his breakfast" she giggled with a knowing smile.

I shot out of bed and dashed to the wardrobe where my uniform was stored  pulling it on as quickly as possible then pulling my y/h/c hair into a long braid reaching halfway down my back. Camilla was still laughing,

"If I had known you could get up that fast I would tell you that every morning." she snorted

"shut up!"I said but I had the dignity to look slightly ashamed of myself. We both new that I had a long time crush on Paul which had developed about a year after I had joined the servants of house Atreides and hadn't dulled even slightly in the two years since then.  

At that moment Matron entered. "Girls," She said, She didn't have to shout all of us had stopped talking the moment that she stepped into the dorm. 

"Yes, Matron." we Chorused

"I am afraid to tell you that Mia has been taken ill and there is no-one to bring young master Paul his breakfast, Would any of you girls volunteer?"

I reached my hand into the air, I was alone in this gesture as most of the other girls were in various stages of changing or doing their hair. 

"Thank you Y/n," She said "Be in the kitchen In five minuets" and then without so much as a smile she left the room.

Camilla grinned at me and I gave a small nervous smile in return before securing my braid with a black ribbon and scurrying across the room to the door.

"Good, your here," she said "You must knock on the door then enter, give master Paul this tray, Poor his drink then check if he requires anything else. wait 45 minuets then return, pick up the tray which him a good day and depart. Do you understand?" 

"Yes," I said picking up the tray and trying my best to disuse the fact that my hands were shaking slightly. 

"Good, off you go then"

I left the room and tracked the familiar halls bowing slightly as Duke Leto hurried past. I reached Paul's door took a deep steadying breath before knocking Twice gently on the heavy wooden door. I stood there a couple of seconds my heart racing  before I heard a voice on the other side call "come in" 

I pushed the door and took in a sharp intake of breath, Paul was shirtless, He had bee facing the window when I walked in but when as I entered he turned around to take the tray and oh my god. He was flawless, his abs stuck out against his pale skin and, despite how skinny he looked, he was well muscled. I was aware that I was blushing slightly but hoped he wouldn't notice and continued. I placed the tray down on the table and poured the drink. As  I straightened up he broke the science. 

 "Um, your not Mia" he said, was I imagining it or was there a slight pink tinge to his cheeks.

"N-no, Mia's ill, I'm covering some of her jobs until she gets better" I said my mind scrambling to try and remember what to do next. That was it "Now is there anything else I can do for you?"

He paused for a second and seemed to be considering before saying "No, not really, see you when you come back up for the tray" then giving me a warm smile he turned away to eat his breakfast and I backed slowly out of the room.

When I reentered the dorm Camilla instantly pulled me aside and started asking questions quietly so that no-one else would overhear, she was the only person I had trusted enough to tell.  "So, what happened?" She asked excitedly

"Nothing, I just brought him breakfast" I said looking down to avoid her eyes.

"Liar" she she mock gasped. I should have known better than to try to hide anything from her we grew up together and she can read me like a book.

"Fine," I said causing he eyes to light up "Although its relay nothing"

"Tell me, I don't care if the only thing he said was get out"

"He was shirtless," I admitted "and I think I blushed" I added

"Well if you did at least he know how you feel now!" she said in an edited squeal 

"Not to loud" I said, Checked the time and began work in the kitchen. It would be half an hour until I had to pick up the tray.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half an hour later I walked back up to the door. This time then I entered Paul was fully clothed and deep in conversation with Duncan, but he smiled when I came in and walked over to the table to pick up the empty tray which he then passed to me.

"You didn't have to do that" I said now absolutely sure that my face was as red as the setting sun over Caladan. 

"No," he said "but it saved you the walk" this too was accompanied by a slight smile. Then He turned back to Duncan and proceeded to ignore me as I backed out off the room feeling like I was up on cloud nine.